Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday October 20

I really enjoyed the meetings at church today.
The speakers did very well.
One spoke about a bike trail he went on this past weekend that was so brutal and he related it to life and the challenges we go through.
And how prepared we are for those challenges.
The next speaker spoke about the conference talk 'Hearing his voice' from Elder Homer.
But what stuck out me from his talk was when he spoke about growing up thinking that people who smoked were bad people....only because we were taught that smoking was bad...so if you some, YOU must be bad.
But I loved how he spoke about people can make bad choices but they are never too far from the love of the Lord.
My heart has been softened the last few years when I think about people who are struggling.
I mean, we all struggle....but when those struggles are deemed "bad" by the world around you, that makes it even harder for those people to see that they can still have the love of the Lord.
When society tells them they are not worth that love, why should they believe it?
Oh I wish we lived in a world where everyone would take care of their side of the street and just worry about loving others instead of judging.
But...I guess that is what we are called to do.
Pull away from what the world thinks and says and does and work hard to just love one another NO MATTER what their choices are.
Because we are all worth that love from our Father in heaven!
In Sunday school e talked about come follow me and about finding joy, even in our trials.
I found a quote from an account I follow.
It goes like this: 
"This life is less about WHAT we face and more about WHERE we face"
I love this so much.
When you look around at the trials people are facing....sometimes it seems unfair.
Some trials are so large and some seem so small.
But really, it is not about the trials we face.
It is where we look when we face those hard times.....well, and where we look when we are facing the good times too!
And who is to say one trial is harder than another anyway.
We each handle things so differently, we have no idea what their experience with their trial is.
So we just love :)
At home, we did Come Follow Me and we talked about being grateful, even in our trials.
Man, am I seeing a theme here ;)
It is all about your mindset.
I still have a lot to study this week for CFM, but I am looking forward to it.
We had some quite/nap time.....
Kendyl came over to make cookies for her and Cassi to take to the boys they bribed to come to choir.
Then we played some card games after she left.
Dad made burgers for dinner and then Cassi went to choir.
We watched the BofM videos for a little bit before getting the little ones to bed ealry.
Port had been struggling today.
I don't know what is going one.
He seems so angry all the time.
I don't know....maybe he just isn't feeling well.
But he just seems overwhelmed with life right now and it breaks my heart.
Hopefully a good night sleep will make a difference.


The kiddos all match without even trying!!!!!!
Well, I did choose Port's tie, but that is the only thing!

Cute college girls!

No comments: