Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday October 21

Got the kiddos off to school this Monday morning.
Dad had to go to school today too.
He is taking a class for his fire science degree stuff, basically this will give him a raise when he is finished with it.
I painted trim in the entry way and then Dad came home for lunch.
After he left, I went for a run.
It was pretty nice outside.
Back at home, I moved the armoire into the guest room.
Dad came home about the same time as the kids did.
The boys swapped out the electrical sockets in the room and they look much better now.
I think I will spray paint the bed tomorrow and get that room all done.
Then move on to the next project!
We had dinner then FHE.
I listened to a podcast that was awesome about holding space.
So I decided to talk about the for FHE.
Basically 'holding space' is the power to choose the emotion we want to feel and hold onto it despite the emotional pull from our environment.
It talked about a study that a Dr Nelson did with tuning forks.
He had several tuning forks and he hit one of them......but all of them gave off the same frequency.
This relates to emotions because our emotions have frequencies as well.
Sad, depressed, angry, those are all low frequency emotions.
Happy, joyful, loving, those are all high frequency emotions.
The lady gave the example of driving home and you are in a good mood and then you step in the door with family members fighting.
You automatically tune to their frequency.
I talked to the kids that when we feel grumpy and Evie comes to give us a hug, do we stay grumpy???
No, we tune to her high frequency of happiness.
So the whole idea of holding space is sticking to the emotion you want to feel, no matter what others around you feel.
This will cause them to tune to your frequency.
I heard about this a few days ago and I decided to experiment this morning on Porter :)
He had been quit grumpy lately.
Not sure what is going on with him…..
But he did NOT want to go to school.
I stayed happy and upbeat.
I knew what would happen if I got mad, because that is usually what happens.
I tune to him.
He and I did a fun kids mediation and then I put on music and started dancing silly.
At first he wasn't having any of it.
But I HELD ON :)
I kept dancing and just having fun with myself and eventually he joined me in the happy frequency.
No, he wasn't dancing, but he was laughing :)
In Mosiah 18:9 it talks about mourning with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort.
This is holding space at its best.
We hold the vibration for them in their time of need so they can feel comfort.
Holding space doesn't always mean joy.
We can feel sorrow when it is appropriate, sadness.
But, for the most part, we want that high frequency flowing in our homes :)
The first step is for us to just notice how we are feeling.
When we feel angry, look around, what made us angry.
Do I want to be angry???
Am I feeling happy, am I happy because those around me are also happy.
Anyway.....I think they thought it was a cool thought.
Let's see if we can put it into action.
Then we got in the Hot tub for just a bit before showering and getting little ones to bed.
Did we maintain a high frequency the whole time....
No, we did not.
But hey, just means we need to work a little harder :)


No comments: