Sunday, September 08, 2019

Sunday September 8 (add backpacking pictures)

I did not sleep very good last night.....
We got a lot of rain and so I was SO WORRIED about Porter and if he was getting dumped on with rain!
But there was no way to contact him or find out.
So I just worried.
But I did get up and get ready for church :)
I very much enjoyed Sacrament meeting today.
The talks were on Spiritual Revelation.
Christine spoke first.
I have loved that girl since the first day she moved into our YW.
She has always brought joy and now she is a grown woman changing lives.
She shared such great stories about prayer and personal Revelation during her time in Ukraine this summer.
Then we hard from Erin Keller, the
Bishops wife.
I love her so much.
We have been friends for a long time and I have the privilege of being her ministering sister right now.
I say privilege because I get so much more from her than she ever gets from me.
I'm grateful for her example to our ward family 
She's a rock!
A beautiful musical number was played then we heard from Tiffani clinger.
She has been RS president for 2 1/2 years and was just released.
She too is an outstanding person and I loved hearing from her and the experiences she had and how personal Revelation was so important in that calling.
In YW, Kristin taught.
We had planned this a couple months ago, so her to talk about spiritual Revelation with general conference coming up.
How perfect did that turn out!
Kristin said most if her lesson was given don't sacrament with the quotes and stories 😂😂😂
But she did an awesome job asking questions and engaging the girls and creating an awesome atmosphere for discussion.
We shared examples of when we listened to the spirit.
Different ways we are spoken to by the spirit.
It was just great.
After church, Cassi had a meeting.
We still hasn't heard how Porter was doing.
I made cookies so that's the beehives and I could go meet a new, less active beehive, with Stacia and Kristin.
Finally we heard from Billy that they were safe and sound in Stanley, still there hours away!
But they were alive, dry and warm.
Yay!
Dad had an EQ meeting.
We did Come Follow Me and that was really good.
Hard scriptures to follow....
But I really liked the part about getting rid of the old to become new creatures.
Port finally came home!
We had so much fun and was SO exhausted!
10 miles in less than 24 hours.
He loved every minute of it though.
We got to eat dinner together.
We took some food down to Bubble, Eldon is gone again for a couple weeks.
She was tired from driving back from McCall, so we just delivered dinner to her :)
After dinner, Dad shared a object lesson about getting guidance from the Lord.
We had a little FHE about it.
And we had some fighting and some hurt feelings, then Port left crying.
I went to find him and he said he just didn't like how he felt with the fighting.
In the mountains it was so peaceful and calm.
I know he is sensitive to stuff like that, but I love that he was able to pinpoint what he was feeling.
That is new.
Usually he can't tell us why he feels overwhelmed.
So that brought on a family discussion on how we get immune to the contention when we fight so often.
But how thick it really is and how we don't want that in our home.
Especially this week, the last week we are all together under the same roof before life forever changes.
We take Madi to college on Thursday! :(
We came up with a challenge for this week.
We want to pray to Heavenly Father for guidance on how we can get rid of the contention on our home.
How we can show more love and be more supportive and patient and kind.
I look forward to this week being something special.



No comments: