Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursday August 29 (add sky diving pictures)

What a beautiful day to celebrate such a beautiful girl!!!
Madi Bell turned 18 years old today!!!
She is an adult!!!
Like totally grown up!
I can't even handle it!!!
We sent all the younger kids to school.
We all worked out here at home.
After lunch, we headed out to Star where Madi, Dad and Courtney SKY DIVED!!!!!
Madi has been talking about this for so long!
And today was finally the day!
We got out there and they got all harnessed up.
They took them each up one at a time.
Madi went first.
She was so excited!
Not too scared until they stepped off the side of the plane :)
It was as awesome as she hoped it would be!
Then Courtney went up and she loved it too.
Then Dad went last.
His parachute actually didn't quite fully open up for a few seconds and that freaked me out......but then it opened up and all was well.
There was a back up parachute, so all would be fine, but still my heart dropped!!!!!
It was such a great experience for all!!!!!
Brent is talking about going again and can't wait until the next time :)
We went and got shakes at the gas station and then headed home.
But not before buying a birthday cake for Madi.
I have become a lame birthday mom......I miss my crazy over the top birthdays.
But also, I don't miss them :)
We had sushi for dinner, per Madi request.
Then we had all our favorite people come over (except the Terry's couldn't make it :( ).
We have had a band of amazing families behind us as we raised this girl to her adulthood.
Moms that I look up at and have learned so much from.
From all different ages, religions, personalities…..and they are all the very best!!!
The Youngs came over, our dearest and longest friends.
We are so excited to send Madi and Kara away together.
It makes it a little easier knowing they will both have each other.
Of course the Morgan's, who have been such a big part of our life since the day they moved in.
A family that meshes so well with ours it is hard not to believe the Lord placed them in our lives for a purpose!
The Halls, who we are trying to pretend like they aren't moving away from us.
Our heart is so broken.
The Edwards, who bring so much color and joy to our family.
So grateful they moved across the street with those boys!!!!
Vern is the friend every mom needs!
Bubble and Eldon, who treat my kids like their own grandkids.....even bragging to her real kids about our kids accomplishments!
They just don't come better than the Leavitt's!
The Nielsen's have been a great addition to our neighborhood family as well.
We did miss the Terry's.
Jenni and I were in the trenches together when we knew nothing but diapers and naps.
Having her so close by during those years saved my sanity.
I am so thankful for the amazing influences these people have been!
I know Madi has a tribe that she can go to with anything that comes her way.
I will add sky diving pictures once I get them from Madi.
Happy 18th birthday Madi Bell.
You are one amazing girl!
I cannot wait to see where life takes you!!!!!!!


No comments: