Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday August 25

It was such a lovely meeting today.
The talks in sacrament were about overcoming trials......staying positive and asking for help.
Cassi received her Young Womans Award today.
So that is very exciting!
She has had it completed for a while, but finally got in to get it approved and interviewed :)
In YW, we had two Beehvies teach the lesson.
They did such a great job.
Their talk was centered on Kindness.
They talked about what kind's of acts of kindness they have been shown at school.
Then talked about ways they can show kindness in this new school year.
We watched a few videos and then the girls talked about a story in a conference talk.
The talk was "Remember this, Kindness begins with me" by Mary N. Cook.
In the story it talked about a bishop that noticed a primary kid coloring with a box of crayons.
Then he thought about how each member in the ward is their own color....each unique and different.
But all together we make such a beautiful colorful picture!
So we talked about each girl, and things we loved about them and what color we though they were and then the girls gave them the crayon.
It was the sweetest thing!
Each girl left feeling special, I know it.
We were given a challenge to perform 50 acts of kindness before the next YW class in two weeks.
It was a great lesson!
After church, Cassi went to choir.
Back at home we read the CFM scriptures.
Then when Cassi came back, we watched the 'Don't miss this' on YouTube.
I love the connection that came when they talked about each body part working together to make the whole body work.
You need an ear to hear, you need legs to walk.
Each body part has it's specific function and purpose as part of the body.
So just like the crayons from the story earlier......we are all so different, but we all work together to make one beautiful body!!!!
I hate to say it thought, the second half of my day was lousy.
I am feeling the major pressure again that comes along with sinus infections :(
They are just coming too often.
I think I might need to go back in and get reevaluated.
I am doing all I can, but they still keep happening!!!
I still DO NOT want sinus surgery :( !!!!
Anyway....we got these little ones into bed at 8:00!!!
That is great, and I hope it helps with a smooth morning!
Madi went to a fireside with Kara, with President Gong.
She came home and we talked for a while, that's why I'm not in bed early :)
I am gonna miss talking to her late at night...…..



No comments: