Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday August 24 (add blessings thoughts)

Well, I knew today would be another long run.
But I hadn't decided if I would do a 10 mile or try for another half marathon....
I had a good speed going, my knees felt good and things went really smooth.
So I went for it!
Got another 13.1!!!
Woo hoo!!!
It really is amazing what the body can do when you really work for it :)
Anyway, I didn't have a ton of energy today and I was probably a little extra emotional because of the exhaustion, ha ha....
But we did get some house cleaning done, which was very much needed.
Cassi mowed the lawn.
The Hall boys came over and rode the horse for a while.
Then Justin and Dad had to rope the cows and give them some shots.
That went okay....a little trouble with then trying to hop the fences again :)
But the job got done.
I went and did grocery shopping.
When I got home, we gathered together and Dad gave the kiddos a Father's blessing.
I recorded them and I will write more about them tomorrow.
They were beautiful blessings.
He did not give Madi a blessing yet....we will wait and do that before she leaves us :(
But the spirit was most definitely in the room.
And Dad made sure to point that out to the kids, how nice it felt to be sitting there as a family with the room filled with the spirit.
I am feeling very grateful.
Cassi had some friends over tonight for a 'Back to school' BBQ.
They are all still out there making smores right now.
Madi has a few friends over.
Dad, Porter, Elsie and I watched a movie together :)

No comments: