Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday January 15 (add pictures)

I didn't go to the gym today for my class, because Elsie had a 'lemonade stand' thing at her school today.
So I worked out here at home.
Then went to the school.
It was for her digital tools class.
They had posters made and we judged them on the presentation, taste, friendliness.
It was pretty cute.
Elsie's group went above and beyond and was the only group that had a tablecloth....bonus points there :)
She was so happy to see me, so I was glad that I went.
After eating lunch, Stacia and I went to the Family History center.
We both want to get better at family history and we really enjoyed the fun ladies there to help us.
We found some names and plan to go back and keep on learning!
I left my water bottle there....so I HAVE to go back :)
A really cool experience happened.
We were getting ready to leave and I wanted to show the ladies the cool stuff that we found last night that Brent uploaded to Family search.
I couldn't find it so I kept looking down the line for Robert Bruce, because it was a letter he had written that we found.
We actually have no idea how the letter came into our possession....but after today it doesn't matter.
I know they are on the other side of the veil pushing us in the right direction.
Anyway.....
Last night while looking at the names, all the work had been done.
But today as I was trying to find the photos of the letters that we put on there, I found James Bruce, who was Robert's grandfather (I think).
He didn't have his work done!!!!!!
His wife's was done and she is just waiting to be sealed to him.
It was the coolest experience to be guided the way I was.
First to find the letter at our house, that we have no idea where it came from.
Then to go to the family history center today, which we planned last week.
Then to remember that Brent posted pictures and that I wanted the nice ladies that work there to see.
And then to come across the name of James who has been waiting for a very long time!
He was born 1752!!!!
And guess what....Cassi has been planning a trip to the temple with her friends for a week.
They are going tomorrow!!!
She is going with girls and boys, so she can take James' name...….have one of her friends do the baptism and confirmation.
Then Brent will be able to do the rest of his work.
Man, just so cool!!!!
They are on the other side, waiting to help us to help them!
We just need to listen and give a little bit of our time!!!!!!
Anyway....came home, made dinner.
I have been really good about making good dinners, pretty healthy, and things the kids like.
So I am on a roll!!!!
I really want to be better about meal planning this year!
Then this evening was pack meeting.
The had the boys share a tool that their parents use in their job.
Porter chose to take Dad's helmet.
It was a big hit with the audience as he told them what dad did and what he needed for his job.
And that he admires his dad because he works hard, trains hard and helps people.
I sure missed Dad today!

No comments: