Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday January 16 (add pictures....I am too dang tired!)

Had an early morning.
Cassi went with her friends to the temple.
Her friend Kendyl came over at 5:15 and then they were picked up at 5:45.
I got up at 5 to make sure Cassi was awake, and never got back to sleep :(
We had quite a bit of snow this morning too.
I helped in the office once all the kiddos got to school.
Then I went to Walmart to get some supplies to make a poster for YW tonight.
We did a mutual theme kick-off and I painted a sign for it.
It is a heart, but it is made out of the 10 commandment tablets.....
the theme this year is "If Ye Love me, Keep my Commandments"
I thought it was a pretty clever thing to do with the heart ❤
Anyway.....
Something kind of fun today.
Cassi started teaching her first guitar lessons!
It is a grandpa and his two grandchildren.
He got them guitars for Christmas and they are all learning together.
How cute is that?!?!?
I look forward to see what Cass can do.
Pretty fun!
I left early to go for my Beehive pres meeting.
Then we had our mutual theme kickoff activity.
We started off with a video the church made, with the theme song.
Then Stacia shared that, yes it is about keeping commandments, but it is really about Love.
And to love someone we need to spend time with them, we need to serve them, etc.
Doing what the Lord has asked of us will show him that we love him.
Then we watched a video about barriers.
There were some surfers that were missing the big waves because there was a barrier out there.
They kept complaining and an older surfer came by with binoculars and told them to look.
They saw sharks......then they knew there was a purpose in the barrier.
It was there for protection.
It is the same with the commandments.
It isn't to hold us back....it is to make us free!
It was a cool video.
Then we split into groups and had different activities.....a game with the bishopric, a 10 commandments Pictionary, tie a blanket, write to a missionary and write your testimony in a Book of Mormon.
It was a really nice night.
Hopefully all the kids came away with something :)
You never know...…..

No comments: