Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday April 22

Well, the business didn't stop today!!!!!
Luckily I have great helpers here at home so I could get away for some meetings.
I had a youth leadership meeting with all the youth leaders and the bishopric.
I think it was a really useful meeting where we talked about how to better be there for the Youth.
Then right after that we had some training from the Sunday school leader.
I also think that was useful.
I do love the Come Follow Me curriculum....and I feel like I am finally figuring out how to kind of do it.
While at the meetings, Madi helped Elsie get showered, the kids got dressed, and Dad got dinner in the crock pot!
I've got a good crew here!
I taught the lesson today....Cass and her leaders got to join because Cassi was the ONLY Miamaid there!
We talked about how to make our prayers more meaningful.
We made a thought bubble and wrote all different ways to make our prayers more meaningful.
I had one of the girls help me with the lesson, and I think it went well.
After church we had Dad's yummy roast dinner.....
It was amazing!
He kind of makes up his own recipes (all the time)....so I made him tell me what he put in it!
So then the funny thing was we started talking about what the kids learned in church.
Then we got talking about the story of Moses and the 10 commandants etc....the whole story, start to finish.
Well, when I got the recipe written down, we decided to 'Name' the dinner "The 40 year roast".
Pretty fun, right :)
This evening the big girls and I went to a stake Youth fireside.
The youth submitted questions for the stake presidency and their wives, along with the stake YW pres and stake YM pres to answer.
I think it went really well.
Lots of good questions and good answers.
Oh....another fun thing!
Brent and I were asked to be a Ma and Pa for Trek!!!!!
So excited!!!!


No comments: