Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday January 21

We had a pretty nice Sunday today.
No rush getting up.
The girls got up and got ready and went to choir.
The boy read his scriptures while I worked on the finishing touches of my lesson.
When the girls came home, they sat around and sang the Youth 2018 Theme song, 'Peace in Christ' which I used in my lesson.
It was the sweetest.
Elsie was singing it on her own at first :)
I love when she sings!!!!!
At church, the girls got up and sang with the choir.
In the meeting they talked about having Peace in Christ, which went a long really well with my lesson.
My lesson was about why Jesus Christ is important in our lives.
I had a bunch of pictures and I thought I had it all planned good.
I did have a great looking display :)
But I was just not meant to be a teacher.
I just cannot present what I want to.
All I can do is hope that something I said came out the way one of the girls needed......and they will understand.
We talked about what Christ offers us when we choose to follow him.
He offers us Joy, peace, rest, a way back home.
I tried to express to the girls how I want for them so badly to have a real relationship with Christ.
He is our Savior, without him we could not get back to Heaven and have eternal life.
I told the girls to think about being at the store, with a cart full of groceries, or clothes.
Then when you go to pay, you have no money!!!!!!
There is no way to get out that door with your cart of stuff.
That debt must be paid.
Christ is the one who comes in and says 'I've got this' and swipes his card in the card reader :)
He has paid the debt for us.
I also showed them a video about reclaimed land.
What once was a landfill that is now reclaimed and a beautiful park and airport in Idaho Falls.
What would people think if we went with a backhoe and tried to dig up our garbage.......the stuff that has already been reclaimed and turned into a beautiful park!
Why do we dig up old stuff and knock ourselves down for choices we have made, but repented for.
It is just ridiculous!!!!!
That trash has been reclaimed......by Christ.
Anyway, I am so grateful for the close relationship I have with my Savior.
Not only can my sins be forgiven, but even when I have been wronged, my Savior has felt that pain.
I am not alone.
We are not alone.
Anyway, I sure hope someone got something from my lesson.....maybe just me. :)
Right after church I had a meeting with my Beehive presidency.
Then later this evening I had a YW Pres meeting.
Sunday, a day of rest....I say, HA!
Anyway, I am thinking tomorrow I am going to try and get in to see an ENT.
This head/sinus thing just won't go away!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Nancy said...

I LOVE your reclaimed landfill analogy!!! I'm sure lesson was fabulous!!!!