Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday January 14

Happy 18th anniversary to my one and only ❤
We started as babies together.....and we were pretty naïve as to what life would throw at us!
But I could not be more proud of where we are now.
I feel like no one in the world could possibly love someone as much as I love him!
He is my everything.
He is my rock.
He drives me crazy, but keeps me sane.
He is a man dedicated to serving others.
He makes me feel safe, and warm, and loved.
He wants to give me the world.
This man was made for me ❤
It is too bad we didn't get to be together today :(
He had to go to work after we were able to have a long stretch of days together.
But at least got to give him a kiss this morning as he left to work :)
I did go back to sleep....and didn't wake up until almost 10!!!!!
Yikes!
I need to get adjusted to this time!!!!!
I woke Cassi, Madi and Elsie up so they could go to choir practice.
Our church time has changed to 1....which is nice and not so nice!
So the girls went to choir, and Port and I got ready for church.
Bro and Sister Burk spoke today....I love when Michelle speaks :)
It was mainly about service and she shared a quote that was given at President Monson's funeral.
He would call up his friends and ask,
'How would you like to paint a bright spot on your soul today?'
Then he would ask them to go visit someone who was sick or needed help.
I love that.
We are here on this earth to help each other along.
To make life better for others, not worse.
I want to be that way.
I want to know when others need help, I want to be aware of others needs.
I want to act on every prompting that I get.
Over the last couple of days, I have done just that.
Acted on any prompting I might get.
Hopefully I am doing something to brighten a spot on another's soul.
After church we had the Youth Family History here at our house.
We had about 15 youth show up, so that was good.
And for the most part, most of them were indexing......there are always a few chatters as well :)
But they are here, and they are getting things done.
So that is awesome!
While they Youth was here, Port spent his time making himself a Tie-fighter without any instructions.....or Lego kit.
He just picked out the pieces and put it together.
Pretty dang awesome!!!!!
I also started a new thing for the new year.
Since church doesn't start until 1.....and we most likely won't be sleeping in until 10 anymore!!!!!!
I wanted to find something that we could do every Sunday, as much as possible.
I bought all the kids a new journal and we made it an 'I KNOW...' journal.
This is where they can write the things they know for sure.
A testimony journal.
I just had to share Porter's entry for today.
It made me smile :)
'Even though I make mistakes, I can repent.
I know Jesus suffered so we can repent.
I know I am loved.
I know I am a child of God.
I know that Satan will tempt me at times, but I have the Holy Ghost to help me choose the right.'
Isn't that just the best!
These journals will be a treasure for sure ❤



*********





(His journal was bound upside down :)

No comments: