Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday January 13

I woke up at 9:30 this morning....and the rest of the house was still sleeping!!!!!
Cassi had to be to the school by 10, so I hurried and got her up and ran her to the school for her future cities meeting.
I didn't set an alarm, because I thought there was no way I would sleep that late :)
Guess I was wrong!
I came home and everyone was awake.
Madi and I got ready to go to a funeral.
A family in our ward lost their son to cancer, after a 15 year battle.
His sister is in YW with Madi and is a good friend, so we went to support her.
It was a nice funeral.
Going to funeral's really makes you stop and think what people will say about you when you are gone.
I didn't ever know this kid, because he was on a mission and then at college in Provo.....
But he sounds like he did not let his cancer stand in his way!
He served others in a Christ like way, and he gathered as much knowledge that he possibly could!
One of his quotes was to 'make hard situations better for others'.
I want to be the kind of person that makes hard things easier for others too.
After the funeral we were all home and got some luggage put away.
Bubble and Eldon stopped by for a vacation recap :)
Then Elsie went and hung out with Sierra and Cassi and Avery hung out, as well as Cannon and Porter.
Madi went to a basketball game and hung out with friends tonight too.
This evening Brent and I had our anniversary date :)
Tomorrow will be 18 years!!!!!
He has to work....and it's also a Sunday.....
So we went out to dinner at our favorite place (The RAM), and then we were gonna go bowling.
But it was an hour wait, so we decided to go see a movie.
We went and saw 'The Greatest Showman'.
It was a really great movie!
I want to see it again :)
Then we had to make a stop by the store to pick up some stuff we needed.
It was a nice evening spent together.
I sure love that man ❤


No comments: