Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday January 15

 Well, today didn't go as planned.
Cassi went to the school for more Future City Prep.
Madi worked on homework, all day.
Porter hung out with Graham and Cannon all day :)
I worked out and did laundry and then Elsie and I listened to her book that she is reading for her book report.
When we came downstairs, she was complaining a lot about her left foot.
She tends to have her feet hurt a lot, from falls etc.
She fell last week in Hawaii....the morning we went to the Road to Hana.
She got out of bed and was walking to the kitchen, and fell hard.
I knew it was hard because her cry was different than usual.
We put some ice on it and continued to get ready to go.
I mean, the girl falls often.....so we didn't really think much of it.
That was the day that her big strong Dad carried her on the hikes.
She complained every now and then about her foot....but again, not unusual!!!
Well, I checked her foot out and noticed it was swollen quite a bit!
I debated what to do......and I called Dr Allie and was able to get her in for a 1:50 appt.
I was so happy to be able to get into Dr Allie....because she is amazing and so great with Elsie :)
Well, she said that ya, it was swollen, but no bruising.
All we can do is x-ray and see what to do after that.
She wasn't too concerned about it either.
I took Elsie to the hospital for x-rays.
Poor girl had so much emotion build-up...she cried and cried before going in for the x-ray, but then when it was time to buckle down and get it done, she calmed down and got it done!
She is a rock star!
After that, we stopped at Walmart for a few supplies and she and I bought some secret coconut milk ice cream bars....then secretly ate then in the car before going home :) 
She was very happy about that!!!!
Then we came home and waited.
We listened to her book some more......
We had a lot of book to listen to.
I could never get it to load so we could listen on the plane ride, that would have worked out so well!!!!!
So we have a few hours to listen to before doing the book report!
We listened while driving to and from the Dr, hospital and Walmart.
Then we listened while I cleaned the kitchen up and did dishes.
We only have about 50 minutes left!!!!!
So we will get that done tomorrow!
We never got a call from the DR before it closed, so I figured, all was good.
About 8:30, we finally got a call.
Dr Allie said poo girl has three broken toes!!!!!
Broken along the edge where the toes connect to the foot bones.
So she must have just flattened them out and then fallen down straight on them!!!!!
I feel like the worst mom!!!!!
Almost a week this girl has been going around with broken toes!!!!!
I guess it shows ya how tough this little buffalo girl is though!
Oh man!!!!!
She cried and cried when Dr Allie recommend that she not go to school tomorrow!
She wanted so badly to get back to school!
She loves school!!!!!
But we will wait and get a call from an orthopedic tomorrow morning and go from there.
Sometimes this kind of thing can just heal on it's own, but like Dr Allie said, Elsie is a little bit more of a special case.
We don't want her to walk on it funny while it is healing because it could cause negative things to happen in her heel, ankle, knee and hip.
So we will just wait and see what happens.
I am glad it was swollen today, because I don't think I could have taken her in otherwise!!!!!




1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are a GREAT mom!!!! and swelling was definitely a blessing!!!! All mom's have stories like this ;)