Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday September 18

Dad and I had a lunch date with the Young's today.
It was nice to have a chance to hang out with them for a little bit.
I spent the rest of the afternoon editing pictures while Dad worked on trim around the bathroom door upstairs.
I picked Elsie up from school and we went right to PT.
She was pretty good....had a bit of trouble at one point, but pulled out of it.
Then we drove from there.....in bad traffic, to Cassi's volleyball game.
Vern and Bubble came to watch her play, so that was fun :)
Madi was there for a little bit, then she left for her powder puff practice.
We all got home at the same time and had chicken Dad bought home from Winco :)
After dinner we all worked to get the chores done and dishes done and kitchen clean.
It was really great.
I just love it when we all work together to get things done.
It always gets done faster and we are all happier :)
We had FHE tonight.
I used my same lesson from YW.
It was about how our words have power.....
And how we need to be builder's, not bulldozers.
As I was giving the lesson, Madi pulled out a little poem to share and I thought it was just perfect!
I love it!

Builders or Wreckers
I watched them tearing down a building,
A gang of men in a busy town.
With a ho-heave-ho and lusty yell,
They swung a beam and sidewall fell.
I asked the foreman, "Are these men skilled,
As the men you'd hire if you had to build?"
Ha gave me and laugh and said, "No indeed!
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken a year to do."
And I tho't to myself as I went my way,
Which of these two roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care,
Measuring life by the rule and square?
Am I shaping my deeds by a well-made plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
Content with the labor of tearing down?
-Unknown

Let's all just be builders for heaven's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: