Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday May 31

I am pretty darn tired today!
I went to Field day with Porter this morning.
Spent a couple hours there in the sun manning the volleyball station with Billy's Aunt, Wendy, who came to help with the kids during Vern's recovery.
I came home and ate some lunch before going over to Vern's and power washed her bricks.
She has been talking about painting her bricks since they remodeled a couple years ago!
These last two weeks I have been trying to get her to do it, but she felt there were other pressing things.
Well, I got in cahoots with Billy, and made plans to paint it for her while she was still in the hospital!!!!
After I power washed that....it was time to head back to the school for Elsie's Field day.
This time instead of manning a station, I stuck with Elsie.
By that time of day she was already hot and tired.....and she hates water games...
So she didn't participate much until Mrs. Dynka got her to do the ladle water game :)
But poor kids!
They were all so hot!
It was a hot one out there today!
The first few games went nice and smooth....but by about the 15th game.....we had kids having a rough time and sitting out!
Then when I went to check out after the field day, there were three kids that came in with bloody noses.....plus kids coming in with scraps and bug bites.....
It was a mad house!
So I stayed in there to help Linnea out.
I ran to Lowe's to grab some painting supplies.....then back home for a little snack before picking up the little ones.
Then I went over to Vern's and started painting.
Madi was great and ran Port back and forth for Scouts.
Then Port went out to dinner with Max and Graham and Auntie Wendy and grandpa Bob.
I still wasn't finished by the time it was mutual time......
I had already told them there was a chance I wouldn't make it.
They were doing an indexing challenge, and I would have my little kids in tow, so I wouldn't be much help.....
So Elsie hung out with me while I finished painting.
I think it turned out great and I really hope it brightens Vern's day a bit when she returns home.
By the way, her surgery went as expected and she is still groggy and recovering, and she did have some fruit.
Lots of prayers for my sweet friend Vern.








No comments: