Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday April 23

I am not really liking how busy our Sundays have been lately :(
But....what can ya do?!?!?!?!
I got up early before anyone else was awake, and made sure I had everything ready for my lesson.
Then the fam got all ready, and the girls left for choir.
Church was great.
I taught in YW about why having the Book of Mormon is important.
I enjoyed the lesson and the things I learned and the participation of the girls.
My favorite part was the scripture in Ezekiel 37:15-17.

15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

I loved this because here there is this scripture, in the Bible, that makes reference to the Book of Mormon.
One stick from Judah (Bible), and one stick from Ephraim (Book of Mormon).
Why do they talk about a stick???
Well, records were kept on a scroll, and it was wound about a stick :)
So when they say stick, they are speaking of the records kept.
Okay, so another cool part.....check out the last verse.
And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand
Now think about your scriptures.....even on your phone.
Aren't they both held in one hand????
The Book of Mormon and the Bible are meant to join together as one!!!!!
Oh so much coolness there!
Anyway.....
After church we had a little snack before Madi left for a YCL meeting.
Not long after, Cassi and I met up with the other class presidencies (and Madi came too) and we planned out the YW/YM activities for the rest of the year.
When we got home, it had been raining and it was just so pretty outside.
I keep hoping for another rainbow to show up behind my house so I can take a cool picture......but it didn't happen today.
We did have a rainbow in the front yard though :)
Which was still pretty great.
Dad grilled some chicken for us and we had a yummy dinner together before the big girls and I had to leave AGAIN for a stake Youth fireside.
It was a very good fireside though.


 A little Mater time before church :)
She loves that doggy!

 Making plans for Emmy's visit in a few days!

There is a rainbow in the distance....I promise!
:)

No comments: