Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday February 19

It was a nice day at church today.
I got to teach the lesson for my Beehives.
It is a fun group of girls and a little easier to manage then the crowd we had before the split :)
But I still miss those rowdy girls!
Cassi was asked again to be the Beehive President and she chose some new counselors over the weekend and they were set sustained and set apart.
So that's fun :)
After church Elsie and I worked on her project for school.
She is the star student this week and there are papers to add pictures or color.....
So Elsie had fun crafting with that :)
Cassi made more lemon bars.....she made a bunch yesterday for my Beehives today.
But this time she made it for our Shafer View ward FHE that was put on this evening.
We had dinner then a little before 7, we headed to the church.
It was such a fun FHE put together.
We had a mini lesson and then the activity/game took up the bulk.
We were split into 4 groups based on the first letter of our last name.
It was funny.....our letter group was very minimal, so we had to borrow other last names letter people :)
But we got to know our groups a bit, then we started the games.
There were different tasks to be done by them teams and it's members.
First our MC, Brayden Burk, called for us to send the kid who is closest to turning 8.
And they got to pick the team names :)
Then he would ask for someone between the ages of 12-16.
When they got up there, there was a cartwheel challenge :)
Who was most fluent in Spanish.......they got to compete is how many push-ups they can do in 1 minute.
Lots of fun things like that.
It was just a lot of fun with lots of cheering on and lots of laughing.
Then afterwards we had dessert, which the ward members brought to share.
I did get to know a few new people.......I need to be better at getting myself out there!
But I did a good job talking to Youth :)
Ha ha ha ha.....
It was a fun time!
I am thinking we need to do it quarterly!




No comments: