Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday November 21 (add pictures)

Happy #8 birthday to my baby boy!!!!!


Dad was on shift today, so i told Porter to stay in bed so I could bring him breakfast in bed :)
But REALLY, Dad had gotten the time off and was coming home to surprise Port and we were going to go out to eat for breakfast.
I did not anticipate Porter waking up at 5 a.m.
Madi did a good job keeping him occupied by turning on a Netflix movie.
I didn't even know he was awake until I went to go work out, and heard them.
So I didn't get my workout this morning :(
I tried everything I could to get Port to stay upstairs until Dad got home.
Port likes to have his breakfast as soon as he wakes up.
I told him I had something special planned for him.
But I needed to thaw the Bacon....which would take time.
Then I asked if he would prefer pancakes or french toast.
He said pancakes.
After a while i told him I didn't have butter, but was asking to neighbors if they had some.
Then a little later I said it must be too early for anyone to answer their text :)
So we would have to just do french toast.
He was a good sport, but Madi told me that he was feeling pretty sad :(
FINALLY Dad got home.
I went and yelled to the kids to just come down and have cereal because the whole 'breakfast in bed' thing just wasn't working out!
Sweet Port was so sad, but then totally excited when he came down and saw dad :)
It was pretty funny.
All the kids got on my case for 'Lying' to them.....but I told them it was for a good cause!!!!!!
Right???
So we went to IHOP for breakfast and had a good time.
We came home and opened presents.
The Edwards boys came to watch and help :)
Then the boys played the whole morning.
Kara came over and hung out with Madi and Cassi for a bit.
I went to the store for cake stuff.....then I made it.
Stacia came over and we planned Thanksgiving stuff.
Cannon came to hang out with the boys too.
Our visitors fell through so the Morgan's invited us to join them for their Thanksgiving feast.
It will be fun.
Then Port and Dad went to the 'robot store'.
That was one of his gifts, and coupon for a trip there.
He got some robot parts and switches, etc.
He was a happy kid.
We had hot dogs for dinner, Port's choice.
Then after dinner, our neighborhood family came over for cake and ice cream.
It was another fun night :)

No comments: