Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tuesday October 25

So it has been a long day........
Elsie was up at 2:30.
She didn't go back to sleep until 5:30.
One of my threats while begging her to sleep was that I was gonna keep her home from school!
For most kids, that is not a threat, but for Elsie.....she was super sad!
My plan was to let her sleep as long as she could in the morning, then take her late to school.
But then she was back up at 7!
That is not enough sleep for a girl to have!
So I kept her home.
Funny thing.....Port woke up last night too.
He actually wakes up every night and comes and sleeps in our floor.
I know.
A habit we thought we broke, but every time we go out of town it seems to happen again.
ANYWAY......
When I was up there with Elsie, I figured I was going to have to stay in her room before she would go to sleep.
Elsie doesn't share her bed, so I was out getting couch cushions to throw on the floor.
I was in the front room when Port comes out of his room, almost running.
I said 'Hey!'
And he hit the deck as fast as I have ever seen anyone!
It was pretty comical!
I scared his pretty bad.
I convinced him to get back in his bed and I would come and check on him once Elsie calmed down.
Well, I went back and forth for about 30 minutes before Port was back asleep.
Then back to Elsie for the rest of the time.
Dad took Port to school on his way to go help Aaron again.
I kept Elsie home, which she was not happy about!
I was having a hard time functioning.......so I put a movie on for Elsie and I got myself a nap.
I thought for sure Elsie would fall asleep too.......
Nope.
She did get lots of reading done today.......
But she is excited to get back to school tomorrow!
Once Madi got home from school, I ran to the store to run the errands I was planning to run today.
I got Elsie's costume and supplies for Cassi to make her costume.
Then after school, Port went to a birthday party for Corbin,
I dropped Port off at his party and totally forgot about Joanne coming over for speech.
Cass and her friend Lily hung out and did speech with Elsie until I got there.
Elsie worked hard and they all had fun :)
Cassi and Lily hung out to make their costumes together.
They are going to be Dory and Nemo :)
Cute.
After dinner, I left to RS.
It was a great night.
We had a lesson by Charleen Tanner (I think)......
She teaches parenting classes, and she is so good!
She gives free classes every week in Nampa and I really want to go!!!!!!!
Dad picked Port up from the party early so he could go to basketball....
And thank goodness it is late start tomorrow, because it turned into a late night around here!

No comments: