Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday August 23 (add pictures)

Today was a lot harder to get up :)
It took Cassi several times of Madi and I telling her to wake up......silly girl!
But everyone got off to school without any trouble.
Elsie walked into class without me behind her......first time ever!
And she didn't even whimper.
We just talked about what she would do once she got in.....grab the lunch ticket and then hang her backpack in her spot, then sit down and do her seat work.
And she just did it.
I am so proud!
She is really working so hard and doing so well.
I just can't wait to see how she grows this year!
While the kids were gone I went for a run.
Then I edited girls camp pictures forever!!!!!
So many pictures!
But our back to camp night is coming up, so I need to get that all ready.
I finally showered about 2:30.
When Madi came home, I took her to work at the snow shack.
But when I got back there were more cows out.
This time it was the cows that belong to the neighbors across the canal.
Oh such fun :)
Then at about 5:30, Grant came over and we headed to the park to have a picnic dinner there with Madi and Cassi.
Cass walked across the street to Madi after her volleyball practice.
So it worked out nice.
One of Madi's friends from EFY was driving through Boise to get to Oregon and they stopped by and got snow cones form Madi.
How fun is that!?!?!?!
These girls had no idea if they would ever see each other again!
Pretty great :)
Well, we hung out there until the kids were tired of the park.
On the way home we say a truck coming in our direction around a corner, lose the packages of bottles water he had in his truck bed.
We stopped along with several others to help him pick up hundreds of water bottles.
It was kind of cool.
At first it was the lady who was right behind him and us...because we were the ones who saw it happen.
But then car after car wanted to stop and help pick up.
It was pretty cool :)
We got back home and Port, Max and Graham had lots of fun with Grant.
Grant is a good kid to put up with all the little boy torture!
A little before 8:30, we all hopped in the car to pick Madi back up.
We stopped by the Capells house on the way back because Bonnie asked me to :)
But they weren't home.
But we hung out and played on their jungle gym for a bit thinking they would show up.
When we got back home she called me and said they were coming over.
They were so sweet and brought over some homemade ice cream!
YUM!
We love Harvey's ice cream!
Then it was time to wind down and go to bed.
We invited Grant to stay for scriptures and prayer.
When that was done and I was getting the little ones off to bed, Grant asked if he could say something.
He said that last night he started reading his scriptures again after not reading them for a while.
He said that he was reading about how Adam and Eve had to partake of the fruit or they would never know that good from the not good.
He said he was thinking about his life.
He is basically an only child, with older parents.....older parents who have already done it all with their older kids.
He doesn't have family dinners, let alone prayers over dinner.
Or FHE or family scripture study......
He has great parents.....but he's right, they have already done it.
Grant said they are just tired :)
He says that he has been so thankful to be able to be a part of our family these last few days to feel how good it feels.
And he told the kids that they should be grateful they have what they have.
I was so floored that this 16 year old boy felt it important to share these things with my kids.
And best of all, it helped me chill out.
I always get after these kids, wanting them to be nicer to each other, worried that the spirit won't be felt in our home.
But it's here, and Grant felt it and it made me so happy.
He thanks us for being able to come over and that he has really felt a part of the family.
Port doesn't want him to ever go......so we made sure to tell him he is welcome any time!
It was a nice evening.
(my phone keeps connecting and disconnecting and making me very irritated.....so pictures will happen another time.....I hope!)

No comments: