Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday April 20

Have I mentioned before how BUSY Wednesdays are!!!!!!!
I made a cake first thing this morning.
After I took the little ones to school, I went to the church to set up for the YW/YM activity tonight.
Then I got home and made two more cakes then went for a run.
I was planning to do a 6 miler......and try it with Madi's shoes, hoping it would help my calves.
It was not better, it was worse!
I ended up running 3 miles, but not because of the shoes.
First of all, that HAWK dove at me twice!!!!
I know they are protecting their babies.....but man oh man....it has to be one of the most terrifying things ever!!!!!
But I kept going.
Then, while running up a hill, I was looking to see what my mileage would be at the top of the hill.
When I put my arm down, there right in front of me on the path was a RATTLE SNAKE!
I jumped over it just in time and it curled up and stuck it's head and tail up, and twisted my ankle doing it :(
And oh did I scream!!!!!
I had to take a picture of it because I don't think anyone would have believed me!
So, ya, that is when I decided that 3 miles was enough for today.
I got home and showered and went to the school to hang up the Art Smart stuff for Art Gallery Night tomorrow night.
Luckily Vern was there with me, so she made it a lot easier than doing it myself!
While I was doing that, Dad got most of the fence wire put up.
I got home and made another cake, and frosted them all.
I took Elsie to her friend Brynlee's house.
That was a lot of fun for her.
I made dinner, then went and got Elsie, we all ate dinner as a family, then the girls and I left for YW.
We did a missionary experience tonight.
We had 4 rotations.
One was a Q&A panel of returned missionaries in our ward.
Then we had a room with two other returned missionaries in the ward, one that served in Finland and the other Japan and they talked about the language and culture.
Then we had a Preach my Gospel room where the currant missionaries serving in our ward was in charge of.
They talked about what the different chapters of Preach my Gospel were about.
Then we had a P-Day room.
They had cards to write to our missionaries that are serving from our ward, and they also each had a Book of Mormon to write their testimonies in and they are supposed to give it out to someone they think could benefit from it.
Then we had cake :)
Lots of it.
I think it was a great night.....except we just did not have enough time for all the stations!
But it all worked out.
It was a fun night, but I am so glad it is over!






2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

That rattlesnake is scary!!!

Your missionary experience activity looks great!! Love the table and the globes and the white cakes!! :o)

Nancy said...

Geese!!! I think you better move to WY...the running is safer here :)