Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Tuesday March 1

Today was a fun day :)
First, I helped in Port's class for a little while.
Then I came home and got some stuff done around the house.
Not everything I wanted to get done...but some stuff :)
Then I made a trip to Target and a couple other spots to try and find some clothes.
I find it so funny that every time I go to get something for myself, I always end up looking for stuff for my kids!
Oh well.....
But I did find myself a little dainty heart necklace at a thrift store.....so that made me pretty happy!
Then I got to meet up with a handful of my friends to celebrate my upcoming birthday :)
We met at Red Robin and it was a fun time to sit and talk.
I am lucky to have such neat ladies in my life.
After lunch I headed home in hopes of getting other stuff done.
But instead I took a 15 minute nap before I had to go get the little ones.
Madi said I could :)
After school, Elsie had speech.
She worked really hard even though she had a kind of rough time at school, and I was worried if she would cooperate for Joanne!
But Joanne brought a new game, so that helped keep her going.
And port played with the boys.
I just love all these boys together......Max, Graham, Cannon and Port.
I do have nightmares about what is to come with all of them....but it makes me so happy they all have each other.
They spent their time placing army guys all around the deck and then 'fighting' them with some spinning toy that Port got from Grandma Ene the last time we were with her.
He loves that toy :)
And loves to knock down the army guys with it!
I just had to take pictures cause they make me so happy.
And they mostly get along with each other.
Sometimes there is a fight to be the 'leader' of the boys between Max and Port, and it is kinda funny.....
Port also spent quite a lot of the evening reading to me.
He is really doing so well.
He is reading Magic tree house books.
And I made the same deal with him that I did with Elsie.
When he finishes one book, we will order the next one from Amazon.
They are only about $2-$3 a book, and it works out perfectly.
We are currently waiting for book #2 to arrive, so he has been reading book #9, which we already have.
So fun to watch my baby learn and grow :)
Kinda sad too......







1 comment:

Sara said...

Good job Porter!! It is so exciting when they learn to read!! I love the Magic Tree House series! And I think it is great that as you go farther into the series, the books start to gradually get harder. So, it keeps their interest as the keep reading the series!

I'm glad you grabbed a nap! It is nice to slow down and take a moment for you!

Love you Kim!