Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday February 17

I went and worked in the office at school this morning at school.
I didn't feel too bad, and it was too late to find someone to cover me......
And it is only signing late kids in and putting mail in boxes, etc.
While I did that, Dad went and got some more mortar for the bathroom floor.
We had to pull a bunch of them up because they had been moved around so much and the mortar got too dry, etc, so they were kind of loose.
It was a headache having to scrape all the old mortar off the tiles and floor.......
But luckily Drew called and wanted to come and help!
He is a way better helper with that kind of stuff than I am.
I could hand them the tiles that they needed, but they definitely did better without me in there helping :)
I had to leave around 1:30 to go get Madi and take her to PT.
Brent and Drew were working on hanging the doors on the side of the cabinet.
It is going to look so awesome once we get the kitchen all done :)
After Madi's PT I brought her home, then went to pick Cassi up.
I have to pick her up at school on Wednesdays to take her to piano so she will get there on time.
It is much faster than waiting for the bus to come!
So I took her to piano and then went and picked the little kids up from school.
Took them home and then went and got Cassi again.
She is loving piano and I am excited about her loving it :)
Well, then we got some homework done and had dinner before Madi, Cassi and I had to leave for YW.
Tonight we had a combined activity at the Idaho food bank.
We just love this activity!
We went with the Beehives first, then took the combined YW, and then tonight we had the YM with us.
We had a total of 75 youth and leaders!
Guess what we did tonight?
They had us in two separate zones, but all together our group put together over 12,300 meals for Idaho families!
Isn't that awesome!
In about an hour and half!
The kids have so much fun doing it too!
It is work.....but doing it all together, it is so great.
I was in the group where we packaged 2 lbs of tater tots into bags and then put 10 if those in a box, then filled pallet after pallet with those boxes.
So you have people filling the bags, a runner to take the bags to weigh them, then someone who uses a cool taper thing to tape the bag shut, then someone puts a sticker with the ingredients on the bag, and it gets boxed up.
Then there are people getting boxes taped up so they can be filled.
Once they are filled, they get taped back up and a runner puts that on a pallet.
To fill the bags, you are digging into giant boxes, about 4x4x4 ft in size.
They are on lifts so you can tilt as you go.
I am not sure what the other group did.....but it was an assembly line like we did last time.
Filling food boxes for the elderly, I believe.
Anyway.....such a great activity!!!!







1 comment:

Young family said...

This is such a cool activity! I wish our ward would try to do this! Such awesome service! Glad Drew was able to help with the floors.