Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday February 18

It was a crazy one outside in the early morning hours this morning.
Wind like crazy and rain.
Things were blowing all around outside.
We tend to get some pretty brutal winds up on this hill......
I woke up to Brent looking out the window because he heard something big fall.
He went to check things out.....
Then Cassi called me up to tell me Elsie was awake.
So I went up and calmed Elsie......and got her back to bed.
But I stayed up there for a while.
It was so noisy up there from all the winds!
The trees and branches.
And then I kept hearing a thud, thud, thud.....big loud sounds.
I don't know how anyone stayed asleep through it!
Well, after more thuds, I heard a big sliding sound down the roof, and I knew we were losing shingles.
It was a crazy strong wind, and it was kinda scary.
I kept hearing thuds and slides......and the wind was not letting up.
Then the rain came....or maybe it was hail, cause it was really loud too!
Maybe I was over tired......and worried about the damage getting done....and scared.....
But I decided to say a prayer.
I have been really thinking and listening to a lot of talks, and accomplishing personal progress goals, etc about Faith.
I knew if those winds were gonna stop, there is only one way.
To ask.
So I did.
I knew it could be done.
I said my prayer.
I went to check to make sure Elsie went back to sleep, and then came back out into the family room.
I kid you not, the rain had all but stopped.
The wind was dying down.
There were no more thuds or slides down the roof.
You know, there really is something so amazing, and humbling, and special about a prayer being answered right away.
My prayer.....my measly little kinda silly prayer.....was answered.
I went back to bed, and dad had fallen back to sleep.
I laid there and I was still so amazed.
I thought to myself....He did that for me.
I had faith that the winds would stop.
And it did.
I thought to myself, I have to write this down!
But then I thought maybe it would be silly to write in the blog.....
So I was thinking I would get myself a journal to write in for these kinds of things.
But as I sat down to blog tonight, I knew I needed to write it here.
Cause it's not silly.
I want my future generations to read this and to know that I knew that my Heavenly Father was there for me, even with a silly request to stop the winds.
Anyway....in the morning, after taking the kids to school, I looked around to assess the damage.
There was one large spot that we lost a lot of shingles.
I counted 15 that were on the ground and lots more still just hanging out on the roof.
But it looks like the paper underneath was all intact.
Brent is at work, of course.
It was a 90% chance of rain today.
Guess how much we got up here on the hill?
None.
There was some wind that rolled in a little later in the afternoon, but it just blew some already lose shingles down.
I am not sure what tonight will bring.....but I do know we are being watched over :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this so much. Thank you for your example and sharing that story. It is exactly what you should be writing in your blog. I needed some motivation to get myself closer to the spirit. Thanks! Love ya.
Jenni