Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday January 25

Today was kind of a miserable day :(
Port woke up with a 103 fever.
So I kept him home.
Elsie said she had a tummy ache, so I kept her home.
Should have been a nice relaxing kind of day, right......
Watching movies on the couch all day.
Except.....Port is a very grumpy sick kid.
When he doesn't feel good, he lashes out at everybody and everything!
And poor kid was miserable today, and Elsie got yelled at by him a lot.
Biting into her apple too loudly, moving around on the couch too much.....you get the picture.
I did get Port in to the doc office where we found out he has double ear infections :(
When she looked in his ear she was like "Woah! You officially win for worst ears!"
She called them cherry bombs ready to burst.
No wonder he was so miserable and irritable!
So we got him some strong medicine, and hopefully it will kick it fast.
He has had a cough since about Thanksgiving time......as long as Madi has had hers.
She said this antibiotics should help out with that too.
I am sure the ear infections came from that drainage....
Poor kid.
Feel so sad for him.
I took Elsie to PT this afternoon, cause she was feeling just fine.
Stinker.
Anyway, came home and Port had fallen asleep.
I didn't want to wake him even though it was time for some new fever medicine.
When he woke up, I took his temp and it was 105.4.
I freaked out a bit......but then realized that was the ear he was laying on.
So I tried the other ear.
He was still 104.3, but 104 is better than 105!!!!!
I even tested it in my ear, and I was 98.6, and he was still 104.3 :(
Gave him some more meds and got him to eat some food and drink water.
Then we watched The Lego Movie.
His temp came down in the 102 range on the medicine.
After prayers and scriptures I went with Elsie to get her in bed and Port had climbed into Dads side of the bed and fallen asleep.
I sure hope he can get some good sleep and feel better tomorrow.
I am sure he will be staying home tomorrow again, but I hope I can get Elsie to go!!!!
Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house if I am not refereeing the little ones all day!


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Poor boy!! Hope the antibiotics kick the infections quickly!!