Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday January 24

It was such a great sacrament meeting today.
Cassi gave a talk.
Her first talk in Sacrament.
She did so well.
Her topic was Personal Revelation.
She came up with her own talk, and I just helped her with a few tweeks.
I am proud of her for putting it together.
Great job Cass!!!!
We weren't late, but we weren't as early as I would have liked......
So we got to sit on the very front row :)
I will say, not the best seat in the house.
But you do feel up close and personal!
All the speakers today were so fantastic.
The spirit was felt for sure.
I helped Dad in his and Elsie's class, because the other teacher was gone.
It went good.
Elsie was being grumpy and saying her tummy hurt.
She threw quite a fit after class time, before Sharing time....
But once I left her with Dad, he took care of it and all was good :)
I guess I bring the worst out in her!
Ha ha....
After church we spent some nice time at home.
I think early church will have it's challenges, but it is nice to have a good chunk of the day to spend together.
Madi did indexing pretty much all day.
She did over 150 names.
Nice work Bell!
Cassi helped Elsie in her Faith in God book.
And she did some personal progress as well.
I did some too.
I have a goal to finish it by my birthday, and I am getting close!
It has been a lot of fun to work on.
Port did a lot of reading, which is good.
And Dad did some studying.
After dinner, we had Dad's birthday cheesecake that I forgot to have for yesterday.......
While eating that, Cassi gave us a FHE (since Dad will be gone tomorrow).
Then after dinner, we played Apples to Apples together.
It really was a nice day.
Again, it was NOT fight free......
Maybe one day we will get there :)
The kids called Gramps tonight.
Elsie has been so excited to talk to him.
And she does not like talking on the phone.
But she talked to him and I think it made him really happy.
Elsie said that Grandma helped her :)
I agree.


No comments: