Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday September 30

I went and helped in Elsie's class today for our Art Smart fund raiser project.
So that was fun.
I also spent quite a bit of time today trying to figure out where Cassi's XC meet would be.
I got a text this morning from Jenni saying that she would 'See me later at Settlers park'.....cause Ayden was racing there too.
But we hadn't been told anything different than Sawtooth Middle school.
Even the website said it was at Sawtooth.
I called the school, they also said Sawtooth, but Jenni said her school said Settlers.
So someone was not going to make it to the race if we didn't figure it out!
So I called Sawtooth, she said that she was pretty sure it was at Settlers.
But then I got a text alert from Cassi's coach saying it was at Sawtooth.
So I decided to call and talk right to the coach.
He said he hadn't heard anything different than Sawtooth, but that he would call the athletic director at Sawtooth and find out for sure.
Well, not too long after that I got a new text alert saying that it was actually at Settlers park!!!!!
Whew!!!!!
Lots of parents would have been mad to show up tot the wrong place!!!!!
And I guess Sawtooth was hoping we wouldn't show up!
Anyway, it all turned out good.
We all went today to the meet.
We picked up the little ones early and headed out.
Got to see Cassi and she was pumped and ready to go.
There were so many kids running!
She had a good start and was super excited when she saw me with the camera :)
What a cheezer!
She was shooting for in the 12 minute range.......
As she rounded the corner to the finish, she was just over 13 min, but still doing so good.
She booked it and passed a few girls in front of her, then she turned her head back just before hitting the finish line....I'm yelling for her to just keep going!
(By the way, no one, mostly Madi, wants to stand by me when I yell......apparently I am really loud.....)
So when she is in line to get her sticker on the board, I went and asked her what she was doing.
At first she was confused.....
But then she was all like, Oh I was cheering for her to run faster, talking about her team mate behind her.
My heart about exploded!
How awesome is my girl!
Wanting everyone to do their best, coaching and pushing her team mates along when she is still running the race!
Proud mama moment :)
We walked around a talked a bit.
Lots of families that we used to live by have their kids at Sawtooth and Heritage, so it was fun to see familiar faces!
Then Dad took the kids to the park to play while I went to find Cassi.
It took me forever to find her....the boys were almost done with their race.
Then I see her, at the very end, she and her friend Kaili, running along side their friend Parker, who was dead last.
Cheering him on to the end.
And guess what, Parker for a PR today!
Nice work Parker!
Anyway....that's my Cass for ya.



 Time: 13:25

Can you see her cheering her team mate on......love it!

1 comment:

Grandma Na said...

YEAH CASSI!!!! You are truly a winner in so many ways! Thank you for caring about others!! You are the BEST!!!! Love you!