Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday September 29

Today was a much better day.
Not that I got a ton done, but I had a much better attitude.
Elsie was so excited that Dad got to go with her to her field trip this morning.
They got to tour Meridian City Hall and around town.
Once they headed off to school, I made myself go running.
I wanted to go, but the hardest part if getting out there!
Anyway, I decided to pull up some old conference talks.
I randomly picked the October 2008 group.
The first talk I listened to.....exactly what I needed to hear.
Funny how things happen that way :)
Anyway, the talk was L.Tom Perry's 'Let Him Do It with Simplicity'.
"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives."
Such a great talk.
Another talk that touched my heart was from that same conference.
Joseph B. Wirthlin's 'Come What May, and Love It'.
"The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life."
I linked to both of those talks.
If you have never heard them, you should listen to them.
Even if your not LDS, such powerful words that will lift your soul :)
And if you have heard the talks, even recently, listen again!
I am so excited for General Conference this weekend.
I am bummed that Dad is on shift BOTH days :(
But we still record it so we can find time to watch them together.
Anyway.....so those talks made for a really great start to my day.
They also got me to go a lot further than I had planned on going :)
I got home and showered.
I had promised Port I would go have lunch with him because he had a bit of a panic this morning when he found out I wasn't taking him to school, cause dad was going for the field trip.
I am noticing more and more what makes him panic and feel anxiety.
It's not that he didn't want Dad to take them to school, but it is because he was expecting me to take him, and then the plans changed on him suddenly.
I get it.
I'm that way too, not to that extreme, but if I have something planned and that plan has to be changed all of the sudden, I have a hard time adjusting happily to that :)
Anyway.....it is probably bad parenting to bribe him with stuff like me going to lunch with him if he goes to school with dad.....but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do right?
Hopefully, cause if not, I am ruining my kids more than I thought!
Anyway, so after my shower, I went to the school for lunch.
After that Vern and I went around and delivered invites to the 'neighborhood' party we are gonna have next week.
We have talked and talked about ding it all summer, but it never happened.
So we finally picked a date and we are doing it!
Now hopefully people show up :)
By the time I had gotten home and done laundry, dad was home.
And he was exhausted!
They walked pretty much the entire time from 10-2, and stopping for lunch in between.
His back and leg were hurting him.
And he said that Elsie was SOOOOO TIRED!
I am so glad Dad was there with her, because she might not have been much fun after a while.
After school, Elsie told me all about her field trip and how much fun it was.
I knew she was exhausted because her words were slurring so bad, it was hard to tell what she was saying.
Joanne was supposed to come after school for speech, but I knew it might be tough to get good work from her, and then with her mouth already tired and slurring words, it would not have been an effective session.
So we cancelled.
We had a nice dinner all together as a family.
Everyone was happy and lots of talking going on about their days.
I think it's cause Dad was home.
We just need him home all the time, right ;)






1 comment:

Grandma Na said...

Oh Kim, you make me so happy! I can testify that one of the best parts of living the gospel is when you see your children live the gospel!!! My heart is very very full! LOVE YOU!