Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday September 28

Do you ever feel overwhelmingly overwhelmed???????
Well, that has been me today.
And not for any particular reason.
I just kept thinking today about all that needs to still be done on the house.
I also thought about how I wish I could spend more time on art/painting......I know the house should cover the 'creative' part of me, but it's just not the same.
Then I think about how I wish I had more time to dedicate to each kid and their interests......
Plus, I want to cook and give my family healthier foods.
I was on my way, doing really good until everything got thrown in a whirlwind......now I feel like I can't really get out of it.
Then there is the individual kids themselves.....
The biggest on my mind right now is probably Elsie.....but they all have things that I know could be better if I had more time to spend with each of them.
And even though Dad and I love working on projects together......this house has been a big one.
One we don't regret......but maybe would like to put it on the back burner for a while, but really can't.
'Cause you know, it's our house......
And we are so tired.
I tell myself before I go to bed that tomorrow will be a better day, and I will be more productive.....
Some days are better than others, but I still feel like I am not getting anything done!
We are not just tired, we are grumpy.
It seems like no one is ever nice to each other here, and it breaks my heart because that is what I want most.....for my kids to be kind to each other.
No, we really aren't that bad, but still not at all where I wish we could be!
Now I know I sound pretty down and sad, I'm not.....
Just things I have been thinking about.
But I also have been thinking about there being a time and a season for everything.
I hope to get to all the things that I want to get to, maybe just not right now.
It is okay for our house not to be done.
It really is.
Who cares!
I will get back to the point of cooking healthier for my family.
Maybe once we eat better, we won't be so tired and then we will all be nicer.
We will get to that point.
And I am doing my best to help the kids with what they need help with.
What they need to know the most is that I love them and I am there for them.
If they know that, then we can overcome the hard stuff.
I know that deep down inside......I know all this.
But some days, well, some days just suck.
I look at this sweet picture of my Elsie Rose and I know how hard she works just to write the words on her worksheet.
She often breaks the led of her pencils because it is hard for her to write lightly because of the concentration it takes to hold the pencil and write.
I look at her sweet little eyes, that have gone cross-eyed because her little body is so tired and worn out after a long day of school and she also went to PT today.
But that smile.......she doesn't have things easy, but she's got that smile.
And on some days, that is just enough for the both of us!



1 comment:

Bald n Beautiful said...

I love this Kim. I have been feeling exactly like this lately. Elsie is so sweet and her picture cheered me up.