Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday September 27

Today did not go very smoothly during Sacrament meeting.
Port was not being good, at all :(
I blame it on the full, blood moon!
Anyway, they all went to class, yes...including Elsie!
Yay!
I hope that means we are on a roll.......I hope.
I do enjoy going to MY classes!
After church, Madi and I went to Jaime's house to pick up my film camera that she borrowed from me for a class last year.
It was fun to see her for a little bit again.
Madi was so excited to see her and the first thing Jaime said to Madi was, whoa, you got tall!
Ha ha!
Yep....she's a tall one.
Anyway....
Got home and I made them dinner then made them do homework.
I am trying so hard not to have homework left to do on Sunday, but that did not happen today.
But we are trying......
Then, when it was dark, we went out and spotted the blood moon.
It is a full moon, but also a super moon, and a lunar eclipse.....all in one!
It was pretty cool.
I won't lie....it wasn't as spectacular as they made it out to be on the news.....but still cool.
I was imagining the moon taking up half the sky.....even though I knew that wasn't gonna happen, but that is what they made it sound like!
It was really cool to look through my camera lens.
If dad was home, or if I was a good mom, I would dig through all the stuff in the garage and get Madi's telescope out and check it out that way.
But that didn't happen.
Oh well.....it will happen again in like 18 years.
I'll get it out then ;)
It was kinda funny taking the picture.
I didn't want to go grab my tripod, so I put it on roof of the Mule (think golf cart type vehicle), balancing on a wooden dowel to aim it upwards.....
I was still getting a fuzzy picture because I had the shutter open for like 10 seconds, so any movement shows up....
I set the timer so that I wouldn't even have to touch the camera when it took the picture.
You can still see a bit of blurry in the stars and moon, but still, I think it turned out cool.
Maybe next time I will bring out the tripod.
Maybe :)



No comments: