Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday September 16

Today was 'I can be anything' (Dress up in a career of your choice).
Port chose to go as a fireman.....or course :)
And Elsie had to choose between a ballerina/gymnast or doctor.
She chose Dr. and looked so cute!
After I got the kiddos all dropped off at school, I came home and put the handles on Madi's desk and tried to finish sanding the top so I can stain it.
The sander is having troubles.....like instead of dying, it is going overly crazy fast, but then bogs down......weird!
SO I will work more on that tomorrow.
After that, I was so overwhelmingly tired......not because working on the desk....
But I was just so tired.
Maybe it is just not having great nights sleep for the last few nights.
Elsie woke up AGAIN....luckily this time she went back to sleep without me having to lay in her room with her.
But then she was up for good at 6 :(
Way too early for Elsie bug!
But she was happy and seemed just fine when she left to school, and SOOOO excited about her play date with Brooke later today.
So, like I said, I was tired!
So I took a little nap.
That was what I needed and I was all recharged.
The I ran to the library.
We had reserved an American Doll from the library a long time ago.
How cool that you can get them from the library!!!!
Anyway, we reserved Kaya and she comes with a book and bed (and a journal to record experiences).
I thought it might make reading more fun for Elsie if we try this route :)
She was so happy when she got home and saw Kaya here!
She played with her until it was time to leave to meet Brooke at the park.
Port went with the boys to Cannon's birthday party and I left the big girls to get their homework done.
I am happy there was no rain while we were at the park.
Elsie had so much fun playing and I got a chance to get to know Brooke's mom.
When Elsie told me about Brooke the first time she said "Brooke cares about me."
So sweet.
She will hold Elsie's hand out on the play ground so she won't fall.
It makes me happy to know that she's got friends who've got her back :)
We had to leave after an hour because Madi and I had to go to mutual.
We met at the park with all the YW and YM and they played games.....volleyball, soccer, and football.
The kids all had fun.
Then we had root beer floats in the rain :)
Good times!


1 comment:

Grandma Na said...

They look absolutely adorable!!! Future doctor and fireman on the way!!!