Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday September 22

Whew it's been a day!
It's been fun, but very exhausting!
Today was Port's field trip to the AG Expo at Meridian High School.
I got to go with him, he was so excited.
This morning we didn't know if I would be able to go on the bus......
I asked his teacher what time she wanted chaperon's there, and she mentioned I might not be able to ride the bus.....in front of Porter!
Well, guess what happened!
Absolute meltdown.
He would not go to class when the bell rung, and I had to force him into class and tell him that I would be back.
And that it would all be okay!
he's been doing so good with not having any anxiety attacks.....
But the unknown, whether I would be on the bus or not.....that was too much for him I guess.
Funny thing is, if I would have not signed up as a helper, he would have been just fine riding the bus without me!
So do I not help in class?????
Anyway, lucky for us, all the moms who wanted to go on the bus, could.
There was enough room.
I can not believe that operation that goes on there at the High School!
It was almost 3 hours of continuous station after station, learning about Idaho and it's animals, agriculture, products, etc.
So much fun!
But very tiring!
I had 4 boys in my group......including Port.
They were very good.
Some of these boys don't have the best reputation and I was so happy when everything went so well :)
I made sure to tell them how proud I was of their behavior!
There was a bit of an incident on the bus on the way home.
Breaks my heart, and I feel bad for all involved.
Another boy in the class who has some troubles (has thrown his desk around the class before) got mad because a kid said something, I'm not sure what, but he tried to hit at him.
I stepped in so he wouldn't hit the other kid.
Well, then he started grabbing my arms and twisting them and hitting me.......
Port's teacher wasn't on the bus yet.
I didn't know what to do....what I was allowed to do as a parent helper as far as restraining him.
But luckily the other 1st grade teacher was there, and she stepped in and grabbed his arms and held them and we let the other kid out of the seat so it was just him and the teacher on the seat.
He kept trying to fight back....then he started swearing.
It was hard to hear that stuff from a little kid, even harder when all the other kids on the bus are exposed to that :(
I felt so bad, because he obviously has some problems other than just being mad.
And maybe being so tired from the day aggravated his behavior.
But it just broke my heart.
One of the little girls sitting by him was very sad and had her hands over her ears, luckily her mom was there to help comfort her.
It was very sweet when her mom switched her spots and then she started singing primary songs :)
Anyway, we got to the school and the principle met them at the bus while Port's teacher asked me to take the class to recess until she got done.
Rough situation for all :(
I hope he can get the help he needs.
I hope I can get a chance to spend more time with him in class.....he seems very much in need of some love.
When we got to the high school, he would grab the hands of the kids showing the exhibits and just wanted to be taken care of and loved.
 He is always excited to see me when I go to lunch with Porter.
Anyway....it was just sad.
So then I got home, made some popcorn for the kids to have after school, and I left again to Cassi's XC meet.
I AM SO PROUD OF CASSI!!!!!!!!!
She did so good!
She pushed and she ran the whole time......
And she cut her time to 13:17!!!!!
That is so much better than last time!
She is excited about Thursday (except for the fact that it is in two days....) so she can try and get her time in the 12 minute area!
I am so happy for her!
So proud that she believed in herself to push hard!
And I am so happy for her to see what a difference it makes to run the whole time vs stopping for a bit.
Bubble also came to cheer her on, so that was fun for her :)
I can't wait to see her blossom over the next few races.
There are only like three more :(
Way to go Cass!!!!!
You just gotta believe in yourself!!!!!!!
We got home and I made pizza for dinner.
We invited Bubble over.
Eldon has been gone all of October except for one day......with no ideas of when they will send him home.
It was fun to have her over.
She told us about some stories from when she had different people living with her at times in their lives.....
Something like 27 (or so) people have lived with them at one time or another.
Her kids friends in high school, people struggling in life, even a homeless lady at one time.
She is a neat lady who really cares about people :)













Time: 13:17

No comments: