Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday July 15

Man.
Two kids are hard!!!!!
They need, like, your attention! :)
I did a lot of playing with them today, which I guess it's been awhile since I did that.
So this morning I woke up before Brent had to go so I could get a run in.
A little one, but at least I got out.
I can't say much else got done today.....
I had my VT over.
That was nice to talk for a bit.
The boys REALLY wanted a lemonade stand.
I told them that no one comes down the road!
But they insisted.
We put a sign up at the main road with an arrow that pointed down.
They EACH made almost $3.00!
The were selling it at 10 cents a cup.
But everyone who bought some bought with about a $1 per cup.
So, no, the sign did not bring any new customers.
All the money came from the people on our lane :)
Made those boys happy......
But I almost wish no one would have bought any so they wouldn't think it would ALWAYS be this lucrative!!!!!!
 Aw well....it was fun for them.
Then the littles and I went and bought some treats for the drive to Utah.
And then made a stop at the library.
I really need to be better at getting them to read!
Elsie needs to stop being so stubborn about reading!
She always says the words are too small or there are too many words on the page.
So I got her books with large print and not a whole lot of words on the page.
Port needs to read so he doesn't lose all the progress he made at the end of school!!!!!
So we got some good easy readers for him.
We came home and I had them both read a book before they could play.
Elsie had The Little Mermaid, and just loved reading it!
Score!!!!!!
Port did well, but I just need to keep him doing it!
After that, the boys went back out to do the lemonade stand.
Vern and Billy came over to buy some and we talked for a while, until dinner time.
I said something about me having to miss our youth group tonight because I don't have my built in babysitter.....
Then Billy asked if we went to the church down the street.
He said, Man, there are a lot of people that go there!
I said ya.
And Vern remembered when we had to drive to Boise to go to church and she asked where that was.
Billy asked if it was the big one on Cole.
I kind of laughed, and said NO, that's the Temple!
He was like, oh, well, so why aren't services held there.
I told him that we use it for marriages etc.
And then he said really, no services?
So I started to tell him about the work we do for the dead and what we believe.
He kept looking at me like I was a crazy person :)
I told them the 'gist' of the Plan of Happiness.
I said, I know it sounds all weird and stuff, but I have people who can explain it to you!
He laughed it off.
And then Vern said that one day Lorne, one of our neighbors, stopped by with some missionaries.
She said she felt so sick that day and she would have loved to talk to them, but had to turn them away because she was going to throw-up.
Anyway....it was an interesting experience for me and I am sure them as well :)
I have never really had that kind of opportunity.
I am curious if there will be more questions.
I enjoyed talking about it.....but I also thought, man I would think I was crazy too if I was not a member!
I guess I take advantage that I was born in the gospel....it has always been a part of my life.
It is something I not only believe because that is what I have been taught, but I truly know for myself that this gospel is what it is all about.
I have really gotten to know my scriptures these last few months and I can't imagine how lost I would be without the knowledge that I have of the eternal plan!
Anyway....I hope that's not the end.
I hope they keep asking questions :)
Well, then we had dinner, watched a little Winnie the Pooh and off to bed.
I might get to bed early tonight!
Maybe!
Tomorrow is packing day!!!!!
*****
The big girls got to go to YW with Morgie tonight.
They played water balloon volleyball and sounds like they had a fun time :)
*****
Brent went back to work today.
His normal shift would be Friday and Saturday, but since we needed to leave he swapped it around.
Man oh man!
He has been working a lot!
He is sore, but doing good.
So proud of him for how hard he works!
He got to do some dive training today.
And I guess dive training involves playing with the jet skis on the river for a few hours :)
He enjoys that part!







1 comment:

Mom/Grandma/Nana said...

Oh Kim, you make my heart so very happy!!!! Love you so much!!!!