Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday July 16

I had a lot on my list to do today.
But not much got crossed off :(
First of all, Elsie was up at 5!
She would not go back to sleep.
So I turned a movie on for her and tried to fall asleep on the couch.
Then Port came......I didn't want him awake yet, so I talked him into cuddling with me on Madi's bed.
He fell back asleep, and Elsie thought it was funny to try and wake him up.
Oh she was a stinker!
So I took her downstairs so Port could sleep.
Gave her breakfast and then Port came down.
I was slow going.
It took me forever to get to sleep last night!
It has been hard for me to have Brent gone at night :(
I know that is silly......but we were together every night for almost 6 months!
Anyway....
So I was definitely dragging this morning.
Everywhere I went or whatever I tried to do, those little ones followed me everywhere!
Elsie didn't want to be alone, and Port didn;t want Elsie following him around.
I finally put a movie on for them so I could clean the kitchen.
I took the garbage out and as I was walking back in, Port comes out crying saying 'He didn't know where I went!' and that 'I have to tell him when I leave!'
There were a couple times throughout the day when I would go down to swap the laundry and he would come down in a panic to make sure I was there.
I don't know where this came from!
The boys did come over for a little bit then they left around 11.
I fed the kiddos lunch and then I had to lay down.
I had the worst headache and I wasn't getting much done!
So I turned on another movie.......thank you Netflix!
They watched and let me nap for about an hour.
But Port did have to cuddle with me.
You know, in case I decided to run away.
Silly boy!
After that, the weather was pretty nice and cool, so I decided to get out and mow the front lawns.
The kids were pretty good while I was on the mower.
Which was nice.
Then back inside and we started packing the kids suitcases.
And that is pretty much what I did today.
We did have a lot of fun, Port, Elsie and I.
Elsie was tired, but goofy tired....so she laughed at everything.
So we had a lot of fun being goofy.
I was looking at pictures of what the girls are doing in Utah.
They went to the museum of Natural curiosity.
And there is a picture of them hanging like a sloth.
Port asked what a sloth was, so I googled a picture.
He said "No, that's a koala bear!"
I said "No" and googled Koala bear.
Then with each picture he would name another animal, and I would say no and google that one....
It became a fun game and Elsie was non stop giggling.
It was pretty funny :)
So it wasn't a terrible day.
I just won't be leaving as clean of house as I wanted to before we head out tomorrow!
It's more important anyway that they feel loved and that I am spending time with them.
That is something I must have been lacking a lot in lately, since they have just clung to me the last few days.
I will try harder.




No comments: