Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday July 23

It never ceases to amaze me the hand of the Lord in our lives.
There has been an underlying panic that we have had when it comes to the medical bills.
We have exhausted all the auto insurance stuff and having troubles when it comes to our health insurance.
We knew with our last insurance, an out of network life-flight you would have to pay 20%.
When we got the life-flight bill of over $50,000, we were scared to death of what we were gonna do.
That would make our portion over $10,000.
We finally got the courage to call the new insurance up, who we have had nothing but trouble dealing with.
Brent asked what our portion might be.
He was told that they paid it in full.
That was not at all what we expected to hear!
At all!
So that is one (major) tender mercy.
We still have lots and lots of bills, Dr visits, hospital bills and ambulance rides, which is about $1000 per person.
Our portions after insurance still seem to be so big!
It has been on my mind a lot, and I KNOW that it has been on Brent's.
He is the money one in our family, something I don't ever have to worry about.
So he is the worrier.
Tonight, another 'angel' came by our house.
Bro. Clark came by with an envelope.
He said that in the envelope, it had the rest of the donations that were given when our ward friends were working to get our stairs put in so we could get occupancy in the house.
I was shocked.
Thankful.
Happy.
Relieved.
Overwhelmed.
How can people be so good?
But even more, how do people not see the hand of our Heavenly Father in all things?
He truly loves our family and has sent so many angels in our path over the last few months.
I don't even know how to express what I feel as I sit here in tears.
It makes me want to be better.
I want to be that person that the Lord sends in others paths to help them through hard times.
I feel such a great debt and need to give back..
But mostly I cannot express what these things have done for me and my testimony.
My personal testimony.
I felt like I have just always known the gospel was true.
But to go through something like we did, and to see the many miracles that I have seen, to feel the warmth of the comforter, to feel the love of all the angels sent our way.....I know that before all that, I just had faith that it was true.
Now I KNOW.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I am so thankful that the Lord loves my family, loves me.
I am so happy for the strength that it gives me to know of that love.
To not feel lost.
Anyway.........sorry.
I just have to write down the way I feel when it is so close to my heart.
Later down the road, when another hard trial comes our way, I want to remember the feeling I have right now.
That it will all be okay.
Just don't give up.
Have faith that you can do it.
Know you are loved.
And love others with all your heart.
Let them in.
*****
This morning as soon as I walked in the door from my run, we had a knock on the door.
It was our new dish guy to install all the stuff for the deal we made with century link.
Our Internet provider sold out and will be gone in November, so we found a new one.
Anyway....so he had to run a bunch of new wires and stuff.
The kids helped clean their rooms and put away the mess they made with stuffed animals on my run :)
It was like a zoo in here! :)
Then I got a text from Heather and that they wanted to come visit.
So after lunch they headed out.
It is always fun for the girls to get together.
Heather and I got to talk too, so that was nice.
The dish guy left, and then the Internet guy came just as Heather was leaving.
Heather took Madi and Cassi with her and left Hallie here to play with Elsie.
Those two had so much fun!
Makes me so happy that my kids have such great friends.
Life long friends!
Porter ended up going to Roaring Springs with the Edwards boys, he was super excited about that.
And the big girls swam at the Young's.
Thank Heather for the pictures :)
I think it was a good night for everyone.
I took Hallie home and picked up the girls.
Madi and Cassi have decided they wanted to start running.
Cass wants to do cross country.
I need to look and see when that starts!
Anyway, so they went last night, and then they went later tonight.
They both complain about being sore, but they both are really enjoying being out there :)
*****
Oh, and porter has created his own doorbell.
That kid is so creative!
He got a little thing from Grandma Ene that lights up when you squeeze it.
He attached his little golf ball doo-hickey thing, and the light up toy, with address labels (also from Grandma Ene ;)
And made it so when you pick the ball up and let it down, it hit the light up toy and starts the light show.
Pretty dang cute, that boy :)







1 comment:

Young family said...

How amazing to get that envelope... just when you need it! I love the tender mercies from the Lord! Thanks again for swapping kids! It made our day great!