Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday July 26

Today Brent got a new calling :)
He will be a CTR 10 teacher.
I think he will be great with the primary kids.
I can tell he is excited about the calling too :)
So Elsie went to class!!!!!
We have been talking the last couple days about going to class.
I knew they would sing to her in sharing time cause she just had her birthday.
So she was excited for that.
And she was so awesome and went right to class (With Luvey in tow :)
But guess what?????
Port had a sub....and he didn't want to go!
Of course!!!!!!
I talked to him for a while and convinced him that his sub was so nice and I would pick him up early to have cookies with my class.
So I got to sit with dad for the last time in our family history class....cause now he will be in primary :(
For my class, my lesson was about taking on the name of Christ.
I talked about how many of us have people we are named after.
Many times we are named those names to keep the legacy going.....and that we can have those names and make them proud.
When we promise to take on the name of Christ, we are saying that we would act as Christ would, speak as Christ would, do as Christ would.
I always wonder if I get the massage across like I want to :(
Madi said I did goo.
Anyway, i gave them cookies.
But I had a little secret.
I made a small batch of cookies with way too much salt.
When I passed them out I said that when you hear the word cookie, you think, oh, sweet, good, tasty.
I could tell some of the girls didn't want to tell me they were gross, finally I stopped them from eating them.....cause it was just so gross!!!!
Some of the girls said that they didn't notice it!!!!!
They must be salt deprived!
Anyway, I had them throw that away and gave them a good cookie.
That is how it should be.
If we say we are a cookie, we should taste like a cookie!
If we promise to take on the name of Christ, we better do all we can to make sure we live like he would want us to!
Anyway, I ran the kids home after church and then went back to be with Brent when they set him apart for his new calling.
One we got home, our Home Teachers came over.
They shared about the recent trip they took, including Nauvoo and surrounding areas.
And how they were able to go to the birthplace of Joseph Smith and what spiritual ground that was.
It was a great time spent with them.
Then while the little kids played, Madi, dad and I made dinner.
After dinner we cleaned up and started going though some of the pages that Grandma Ene sent home with us.
She has been working very hard and putting together pages and pages of family pictures and stories.
A treasure for sure.
I am so thankful for all the time and effort she has put into this.
It is so very special and so fun to hear the stories!
A little later in the night the Morgans came over to visit.
We had a fun time talking and we had some ice cream and cookies for dessert.
So it was a fun night :)


No comments: