Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday July 27

It was so windy today!!!!!!
I hate to run in the wind!
But I went anyway...cause I'm on a roll!
When I got home we started sanding our headboard.
After a couple hours it was very evident that it would not be as 'easy' as I thought it would be :(
So, it's not done.
It got super frustrating so we walked away from it and I am sure we will get back to it tomorrow after our heads have cooled ;)
But we did get the wood floor on the landing installed in the mud room.
Still need to do the stairs......but one step at a time.
(Ha ha....see what I did there, I'm so funny :)
I took Madi to Camryn house about 2:30.
But before she did that, she started painting more of the railing out on the deck, and helped me with sorting and folding laundry.
The Morgan kiddos came over this morning too....Avery, Kyra and Cannon.
Oh, and the Edwards boys too, of course :)
They all played really good together.
A little later int he afternoon I got a call from Bubble.
She had gotten her birthday gift in the mail for Elsie and had made cookies and wanted to come over for another birthday celebration :)
So Vern and Billy came with Bubble and we had cookies and opened the present.
At the wedding she was at in McCall last week, she was seated by a lady who has a company named Buffalo Girls jewelry.
She was so excited and had the lady make a wire crown for Elsie with a little tag that said "Buffalo Girl."
It is the cutest thing!!!!
So that was a fun time.
Then before we knew it, it was dinner time.
I went and got Madi and we had burgers.
After dinner we cleaned up, collected garbage's and then we had FHE.
Brent read a talk the other day from last conference titled "The music of the gospel".
So that is what we used for our Family Home Evening.
I think it was a good discussion for all.
You know, talking about how we can learn the dance steps all you want (prayer, going to church, reading scriptures, etc.) but if we never learn to hear the music (To know what the spirit feels like) then eventually you will stop dancing because you can't hear the music.
But you have to work to hear the music.
We have to, as parents, make sure they understand what it feels like to feel of the spirit.
To point out when we are feeling it and ask what they are feeling.
It was a good day today :)


This is the before picture of the headboard.......after will come later.
You know.....
When it gets done :(



No comments: