Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday June 29

We had a super fun visitor today!!!!!
Sister Roll came to visit!
It was fun to show her around and talk with her.
It's been awhile since we last visited!
I am not sure how many kiddos get to keep in contact with their sunbeam teachers after so many years :)
I am so thankful to her and her love for little Elsie!
I sure could use her in our ward right now!!!!! ;)
I tried all morning to get started on painting the kitchen cabinets!
These kids just would not let me get anything done!
And it was so hot outside, so I couldn't just send them out, I felt bad!
Finally about 12 I got one cabinet painted. 
I think it still needs another coat.
But it is one on the end, so I put some ship-lap looking stuff on the end side of it.
I think it looks good :)
There will be more of that around the kitchen.
So not as much done today as I wanted......but maybe tomorrow.
Maybe.
Madi got the rest of the front rails painted.
I took the picture before she did the last one....but it is done, I promise!
She has done a good job and stuck with it.
I think it was a bigger job than she thought it would be....especially in this heat!
One side done, two more sides to go ;)
After Sister Roll left, I jumped in the shower and then took Elsie to PT.
We drove there and passed a thrift store...and it had our same type of couch for sale.
We were about 10 minutes early, and I was curious.
We have a rip in one of our cushions, and I am worried about having to replace it or all the couches.
So I checked this out....it needs some love and care, but it was $25!!!!!!!
So even if we only use it for a cushion replacement, that is so worth $25!
Anyway, I was excited.
I bought it, but we went back after PT to load it ;)
And it fit!!!!!
I wasn't sure if it would.
The lady who was helping me definitely didn't think it would fit!
Guess I proved her wrong :)
Elsie and also made a Fred Meyer stop.....and I stopped by ReStore again to look for a light for our entry.....
Still nothing.
I have an idea of what I want, but just can't find anything like it.
Guess I will just have to make it :)
So we came home and ate dinner with the kiddos.
Elsie had a rough time going to bed tonight.
She was a little lousy towards the end of PT too.
She seems really worn out.
I hope she isn't getting sick!
Getting to bed at a better time each night would certainly help!!!!!
Why is it so hard????
We will make it an 8:00 bedtime tomorrow for sure!




No comments: