Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday June 28

Oh these late night are killing me!
I want to spend an hour writing about today!!!!!
We had the privilege of having a visit from Pres. Fujimoto and Pres. Clark.
It was our ward conference today, and the stake presidency makes visits to families in the ward.
Our family updates have come up a lot the last few months, and we were picked as one of the families to visit.
Pres. Fujimoto just makes me smile.
He always has a smile on his face and he just makes to you happy.
He asked about everything we had going on.
He talked to us about the strength we find in families.
He also talked about how he has seen the lives of many blessed by being able to serve our family.
Isn't that something?
So neat for him to share that with us.
He also told us a story.
He showed us a picture of the Provo Tabernacle on fire in 2010.
And how everyone was sad and didn't understand why this would happen to such a special building.
Then, like 9 months later, we were told it would become a temple.
He asked what we can learn from that.
I think that we may go through rough times, really rough times.
And we may not know why.
Or what the purpose is.
But the Lord knows.
And sometimes we are being prepared for something bigger and better.
But it is important to stay true and close to the Lord.
To not let yourself get discouraged or angry.
And I won't lie, that is hard!
Pres. Clark, who is the Elders Quorum president, also had some words.
He said that what he felt most impressed to share, was that he remembers a lesson that Brent taught months ago about the Prophet Joseph Smith and how Brent's testimony was so strong and he felt it a privilege to be there in that lesson.
He also talked about the inspiration to call a new Home Teacher for our family, just a couple weeks before the accident.
And that it had to be Jason Woodward.
We had gone a couple years without any HT, and to not only have one, but one who went above and beyond what he needed to do for our family.
It is humbling to think that the Lord thinks about our families needs, specifically.
That he sent so many angels to us to guide us through our trials.
I was grateful for that visit.....
I only wish I would have had a recorder going so I could keep it forever!
I loved every word from them.
So uplifting.
Oh Pres. Fujimoto also talked about how we are getting close to the time when our kids will be starting to date and how we will hope that they bring upstanding people home to meet us.
And he said how happy Brent's dad must have been when he brought me home to them.
Made me smile :)
Gramps does love me!
*****
Then we went to church for ward conference.
Again, such great talks and guidance.
The bishop talked about ward unity.
Which is something that we feel very evident in this ward we are in now!
I hope everyone in our ward feels that way, but I plan to make sure they know it :)
Elsie was a stinker and I went to class with her, but then she went to sharing time with Cassi.
After church,w e had our Home Teacher come over.
We enjoyed his, and his sons, visit and thanked him again for all he has done for us.
Then we had a yummy chicken cordon bleu that dad made :)
Later Cassi, Elsie and I went to a missionary open house for Mason Burk.
He has been Cassi's guitar teacher since we moved here.
Actually, she was his first guitar student... :)
He is such a great kid and such a great example to the youth in our ward.
We didn't stay long, because it was about 110 outside!!!!!
The night seemed to go by quick.
We ended the night out on our deck.
It was way late when we were out there.
But it was such a beautiful night.
And I felt so lucky.
So thankful for everything we have been through.
It's been rough.
But we have become stronger because of it!
I am thankful that my family has seen so many miracles happen.
We have had angels, seen and unseen, working by our side through this whole thing.
I still can't believe we are on this side of it!
There were definitely days that felt dark and lonely, but we have heavily relied on prayer, faith, and each other to get through.
We just feel so grateful!
I can't even begin to think of how we will repay all the love, service and sacrifice we received on our behalf.
Thank you.
Thank you for loving my little family and lifting us up.
*****
We got a call about 9 this morning from Bubble.
She has had a nest on her porch light for a while now, and she has just made sure to keep it off.
Well Zepher turned the light on the night before, and it was on all night.
I could see the light all night, and it seemed weird cause it is never on!
Well, the call came that her deck had started on fire!
Ah!
Eldon is gone....and it was just Bubble and Zephyr there.
She was gonna take Zephyr to church, but Zephyr slept in....and Bubble didn't want to wake her cause she would be grumpy.
Well, it's a good thing, cause they would have been gone to church and her whole house would have gone up in flames!
Luckily when Bubble and Zephyr heard the light bulb burst, they ran out and there were flames on her deck and she has a garden hose hooked up right there for her hanging plants and she put it out.
She called Brent right away to come down and take care of the nest, disconnect the wires and make sure everything was okay.
Man, that could have been so bad!
What a blessing that it didn't cause any more damage!
*****
I will be making our blog private again, now that there is no need for updates :)
But if you would like me to send an invite, that is great.
Just send me your email.





8 comments:

Young family said...

Love your rocking chairs!
Sounds like a great Sunday! What an amazing visit you had! You are such an amazing family and it has been neat to see the strength you have had and gained thru the past 7 months!
Oh, and you better know we want an invite to the blog!!!!

Grandma Na said...

I am truly so blessed to be your mother Kim. What a wonderful testimony and what great strength you give to me. I love you all so very very much! Eternity holds so much sweetness with our family!!!!

Nancy said...

Very touching...thanks for sharing! I am curious about the Brother Fujimoto. There was a lady who lived in Randolph for years and taught school and that was her maiden name. If you ever think of it maybe you could ask him about her. Her first name is Cindy and she lives in Hawaii now.

Nancy said...

And you have my email, right:)

Sandra said...

Make sure you add us! My day isn't complete until I've read your post! ☺️

Joe and Brea said...

I would love to keep following your blog. I actually look forward to reading it and seeing all of the updates. My email address is brea_davis2000@yahoo.com.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I want an invite! I love checking in every couple of days!! Lindsiemcd@gmail.com

Kristi said...

Kim I would love to be invited to view your blog when you make it private again. I love reading your families story and how strong all of you are. I am a cousin to Brent (his Grandma Leath and my Grandpa Rip Bruce are brother and sister). You can check out my blog before you make a decision if you would like.
http://www.arnellfamilyblog.blogspot.com
my email is lee_arnell@yahoo.com