Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday October 26

It was the Primary program today.
Bummer that dad had to miss it.
I just LOVE primary song sang by children.
There really is nothing better!
They all did great.
I could see all three of them from where Madi and I were sitting, and made sure they could see me smiling at them too :)
I could tell that Elsie was nervous, but also excited.
She sang her little heart out.
her teacher told me afterwards that she had to stop watching Elsie, because she (her teacher) started crying every time she looked at her cause she just looked like such an angel :)
She did.
Her cute little mouth is so fun to watch when she is singing out so loud.
It came time for her speaking part, and she did so great.
Very clear and loud.
Perfect.
Cassi sang awesome.
She is one of those voices that you can pick out when they all sing together.
I tell her that you can tell a difference when she is singing or not.....
The kids around her are encouraged by her singing, and they all sound so great.
She has a beautiful voice and I love to listen to her sing.
She had a longer speaking part, and she did a great job too.
Then it was Port's part.
He was pretty nervous all morning.
Not sure if he could do it....saying he wanted to stay home.
But I just told him that it's not a big deal, and he would do great.
He knew his turn was coming up, and he saw me smiling at him, and he was getting brave to do it....
Then the mic got passed to him, and he looked straight at me.....and completely forgot his lines!
The look on his face was hilarious!
Complete deer in the headlights.
His teacher whispered to him his line, and he said it with a big smile, happy to be rescued.
It was the cutest thing.
I do wish they sang more songs.
There is a fine line when it comes to having each kid with a speaking part and also get a lot of songs in.
Like I said, I am a sucker for kids singing primary songs......but the little speaking parts are sweet too.
It was a very good program and I definitely felt the sweet spirit and had tears in my eyes.
After church we just snacked and hung out.
Porter made himself his own Lego set, with (water stained) instructions included.
He made some cool sets, then took them apart, and drew how to put them back together.
Then he got a box, put the illustration on the front, and added the instructions inside.
He also made a display, which was not for sale, to put in his room.
But his room is now his own Lego store named "Lego's with Porter".
His display has plastic over it, like they do in the stores.
I didn't get a picture of that, but I will do that tomorrow.
Cause it is so dang cute :)
He's a smart kid, and creative.
I made some cookies and then we headed to the fire station to see daddy.
Dwaine, one of the guys on his crew, is changing stations.
So it was the last time with them all together.
He sure has a great crew there.
They are all pretty tight.
So I thought it was cool that they asked me to come and get some pictures :)
We weren't there for very long, but it was fun to see him for a little bit.
*****
Just a little side note.
I was touched today by a remark from a lady in my ward, and I wanted to write it down to record it.
After Sunday school, I was walking down the hallway towards the YW room, and a sister reached across the hall to grab me and said  "I just want you to know that I am inspired by you."
I looked at her with a bit of shock in my face, and ask her why?
She just smiled and started walking more down the hall, then turned to me and just said "I think you are such a wonderful Mom."
What a compliment!
But, also.....what??????
This is a sweet older lady that I have had maybe 2-3 conversations with, but always smile in passing.
I don't even know why she would think that of me.
The only think I can think of is maybe she was sitting by me during the primary program...maybe.
Maybe saw me communicating to the kids with thumbs up and smiles......
I don't know.
But I decided two things.
How absolutely sweet to, out of the blue, tell someone something like that.
Something that can completely turn their day around.
I need to be more like that.
And the second thing......
Possibly this was a reverse psychology thing, and she is trying to encourage me nicely to be better :)
But I need to live up to what she thinks.
My kids deserve an amazing mom.....and I need to work hard to give that to them.
Anyway, it was sweet, whatever the reason she said it :)
 


 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She was not trying to encourage you to be better stinker! It wouldn't take much observation to see what a great mom you are!