Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday September 29

Well, it was drizzly all morning.
So instead of finishing the dormers......which we badly want to do......we went shopping for an exterior door for the side of the house.
The house is starting to feel cooler from the colder weather being able to reach inside.
So the first step was to get a door :)
I wanted a full window door, but they wanted like $600 for it.
I wasn't about to spend that!
So we found a nice basic one, and we plan to fancy it up a bit ourselves :)
We came home and got to work installing it.
It was a bugger.
Doors are buggers anyway, but dealing with the uneven cinder brick sidewalls.....made it much harder!
But we got it in and I think it looks great :)
*****
We decided to cut the boys hairs tonight.
They were getting pretty long!
So we headed outside, where it was still sprinkling a bit.
The kiddos followed us outside.
Elsie was playing on the grass over by the raspberries when she got stung by a wasp!
Those dang wasps!
Dad had enough.
He has been trying to kill that nest there since the beginning of the summer!
So he left and came back with some fuel and some fire :)
Don't worry he was safe about it.
But he had to defend and protect his little girl!
I think he got them.
Then we got the boys finished with their haircuts :)
They sure look handsome!
*****
Well, then we had a big problem.
Port took a shower, and the water wasn't draining.
So Dad tried to figure it out.
Seems like we have some huge drain blockage somewhere.
Bad enough I have to call someone tomorrow to come and fix it.
And you know we don't do that very often......
So, after Madi had a panic about not being able to shower for school tomorrow (she had XC practice today, and she sweats like me :) .....we called Bubbles and she and Cassi ran to her house for a shower.
Not sure when I will get to get one.
Wish I took one this morning....or last night.
But my fireman will be working tomorrow, so I don't need to impress anyone anyway :)
 
 




That's some impressive long grass there :)
 



2 comments:

Cami said...

You're holding your scissors wrong ;)

Emily Peterson said...

So cool to have a door there!! Another step to the dream house!

Poor Elsie - mean wasps! I'm glad Brent took care of them!

I like Port with his hairy back! So cute!