Monday, September 01, 2014

Monday September 1

Today we worked on decking.
I also bought a little paint sample to try out to see how it looks on the house.
And I think that I am loving it.
It is a big decision to make!!!
The decking is not exactly the color we started out thinking we wanted....
But this was a major good deal, and we are all about good deals.
It is a grey, but it has a brownish tint to it.
I think it will look nice when the house is blue, and the trim is white.
The decking was a BEAR to do!
W only got half of the front stretch done.
Very frustrating!
We used some little spacer things, so you don't have to use screws in the tops of the boards.
They are super cool and super nice, but really frustrating as well.
We are getting the hang of it though.
The siding went up pretty quick, so I guess it is a little discouraging when it takes so long and not to get the same quick results with the decking.
But it is still exciting to see the progress.
Now Dad goes to work for a couple days.
 I might actually try to get some stuff canned.....
We will see.
*****
Elsie's fever was a little lower today.
Below 100.
So that's good.
She is coughing now....so is Dad and Cassi and Madi sometimes.....
Hopefully they can all sleep good tonight!
I don't want us to be sick!
Brent and I are actually heading on a little trip together this weekend, with Emmy coming to stay with the kids.
So I want everyone well and happy so we can all have a fun time!
Brent is getting sent to California for a work thing....a class he gets to take.
And I get to go!
So it will be a fun little get-away, I think.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

That decking looks great!! So excited to see you guys!!! :o) Hope everyone feels better! It would not be any fun for Brent to be sick during his class!