Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday June 28

I should say today was a day we didn't get much of anything done.....
But you know what, I think we needed a day 'off', so I think not doing much of anything counts for 'doing stuff' on the list :)
Dad went on shift this morning.
I woke up and noticed he forgot his phone, so Port and I drove it to the fire station for him.
He was sent to the Boise Music Festival all day.
He said he didn't know why they sent him.....I told him that he was the new face of Boise Fire ;)
Well, then Port and I got home and got everyone ready for the day.
Then I got a panicked call from Avery.
I couldn't tell what she was saying, I just heard tractor and fire.
I thought their shop was on fire!
I told her I would be right there....not that I could even do anything except help with kids.
So I jumped on the 4-wheeler and all I see is smoke all around their house....
When I pulled in the driveway, Stacia was loading her Dad (who has moved in with them so she can take care of him) and his wheelchair in her van and trying to gather the kids.
She came to me and hugged me then started explaining that she had the mower on the tractor mowing down the back pasture, that was dry dry weeds.....
She felt heat from behind and turned around to find fire behind her.
She had no phone on her and kept screaming for help.
She ran to her neighbor behind her back field, cause it was heading in the direction of his barn.
They got 911 called and the fire guys came....one Boise and one Meridian.
We ended up staying and watching them put it out.
Anyway, it was an eventful morning!!!!
It could have been really bad, even with just a little more wind.
Man, those dry weeds just take off!!!!!
Anyway, when all was good, we got her dad back in the house and I headed home.
I packed the kids in the car and we went to Old navy to get $1 flip flops....and a few other things.
On the way back, Morgan's called again wanting to play.
So I dropped off Madi, Cassi and Elsie and took cannon with me.
I got some photo editing done before I got a call to come and get Elsie.
She was tired and hungry.
So she came back home and the other girls played.
Madi came home once Carley had dance, so I left her with the kids to go grocery shopping.
Got home, unloaded and started dinner.
Madi went babysitting at 5.
Stacia called, again :) and invited us to go swimming.
We swam for about an hour, came home, got little ones in bed.....ran, now to bed I go!
 

(you can see flames inside the fence rungs)


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Ooo, scary about the fire! I'm glad everything was okay!

Sounds like it was a busy, fun "day off" today!

Nancy said...

scary! I am so excited about your house!