Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday April 28

So Port and I had a surprise when dad showed back at home after he had left to go teach his class.
Apparently the city had issues with payment from the 101st civil support team (specialized group of military personal).
Brent is beyond frustrated!
He has been working with to cultivate this relationship with them...it's taken 4 years to get to this point.
And the dumb city starts messing it up because they don't accept credit cards!
The government pays in credit cards and the city government only takes checks.
Anyway...needless to say, dad was home with us today.
Which we loved, but it is a bummer to miss out on the overtime, and all the preparation that he has put into it too :(
And Brent hopes this doesn't make the support team so mad they don't want to work together anymore.
Dumb!
So Dad came with us to get Port his Happy Meal for earning his stickers from going to preschool and church and speech this month.
He was bummed that they no longer gave out Skylander toys, but he was okay with the Spiderman stuff.
After that, dad took Port home and I went grocery shopping.
Dad went over all his Captains stuff over and over again today.
It is his Oral Captains interview tomorrow.
I know that I am not the only one who will be happy when this thing is all over.
So best of luck to him tomorrow.
I left to go get Elsie and take her to PT about 3:30, and asked Madi if she would help with dishes and cleaning up so Dad didn't have to do it, and he could continue studying.
When I came home, Dad was out mowing the lawn and I told him he should get back in there, and he said he needed a break.
I went inside and the kitchen was spotless.
Like 'Dad cleaned it' spotless!
I was mad....I didn't want him to be the one to clean it!!!!
So I went on a hunt for the big girls.
They were downstairs folding our basket of socks....like a million socks that I NEVER fold!
And apparently Dad didn't touch the kitchen!
It was all Madi.
AND she straightened the playroom.
AND she cleaned the living room downstairs.
AND she sorted the laundry.
AND she got Cass to sort socks with her.
I was beyond impressed!
And they were getting along!
It was such an awesome thing.
Made this mamas heart swell :)
I came home (messed up Madi's beautifully cleaned kitchen) and made dinner.
I have to say, I have been kinda rocking the dinner thing.
Feeding them all nice healthy stuff, stuff they aren't really used to, and they are eating it up!
Makes me super happy :)
Then Madi and Port did the FHE for us.
Madi got the 'One drop at a Time' book by M. Russell Ballard for Easter.
And she based the FHE on bees and how with just one bee they only make about 1/12 of a teaspoon in it's lifetime of just a few weeks to 4 months.
But with the whole hive working together, they can make so much more!
And they used that and talked about our individual affect on our family.
If we each contribute our little bit of 'honey', then our little hive will be overflowing :)
 



 
Port drew the flower, bee and hive.
Just adorable :)

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

What a great day! (Other than Brent's problem with the payments - so dumb that the governments use different payment methods! Arg!)

Madi is awesome! What a great young woman!!

The FHE lesson looks like it was so much fun, and a great teaching & learning moment!