Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday March 30

We had a really nice morning today.
Our church time was moved to the 1:00 while we are at the different building.
I think it will work out good.
We took our time.....everyone got along.
It was wonderful.
A while before we had to leave, I stuck in some old family movies.
When Madi and Cassi were babies.
Oh my goodness!!!!
So much fun!
I wish I was better at organizing the videos back then!
I don't know where the videos are of when Elsie was a baby.
And Port's baby stuff is still on the video camera.
Anyway.....I almost made us late for church because I had everyone ready before I got ready.....and I was glued watching the home videos.
It was great.
But I finally did get in the shower.....
When I got out, I noticed those dang goats had gotten out!!!!!!!
Man, they are so much trouble!
So I sent Madi and Cassi out, all dressed in their Sunday best to guide them back into the old side they were in.
They had pushed themselves through part of our makeshift fence......dumb, smart goats :(
Anyway, we left Dandy there....she wasn't too happy about losing her friends.
Maybe we will try and get her back with the goats tomorrow.
*****
We left for church just after lunch.
It is about a 20 minute drive, and I wanted to get there early enough to make sure we knew where kids classes were going to be and help with the primary stuff I needed to help with.
It all went pretty smooth.
Well, except that both Elsie and Porter wouldn't go to class.
They both sat with their classes at the start of sharing time, and I was in charge of conducting.....
But I noticed Porter and he looked like he was on the verge of crying.
I had him come over to me while we were singing a song and he just said he didn't feel good.
I wonder if he bonked his head or something, because he said he had a headache.
Poor kid.
So I finished up and sat with him during the lesson.
He wouldn't hold still and kept saying he just wanted to go home.
This whole time Elsie was just fine.
When I got up to excuse everyone to go to their classes, Elsie burst out crying.
So I had someone else take over and took her and Porter out.
It took me a while to calm her down and I still don't know what happened.
She was just fine.
Oh I don't know.....
Maybe it was just a crazy over whelming day for them and all the change....
But all the other kids seemed fine.
Hmmm.....hope it goes better in two weeks!
*****
e came home from church and started the home movies again.
So much fun.
We found one with newborn Madi that we hadn't seen, well, ever.
We were so little.
All the video from her being in the hospital, trying to teach her to suck so we could take her home.
Some sweet memories.
Yes, even being in the hospital, they were sweet.
It's funny, I don't remember ever worrying that something would go wrong.
I always knew she would be okay....it was just getting her ready to go home.
Oh and I wanted to cry when I watched video of my Grandma Beardall holding my baby on her blessing day.
What a precious memory that I never want to forget!
She was such an amazing person and I want to be as much like her as I can.
I have a long way to go, but I am so thankful for her example of pure love, service, righteousness and hard work.
She was sure a special woman.
*****
Boy the time flew....before I knew it, it was 7:30!!!!!
So I got the little ones in bed and then I remembered I needed to return the redbox we got yesterday!
When I got back, Madi had cleaned up the kitchen and front room (and it was a mess!!!)
What a great girl she is :)
They are all pretty great kiddos.
I am blessed.
 

Lounging in a nice warm bath.
Yes, the water looks brown.....
Grandma Na made bath bombs, which are so much fun and the kids love them, but they do kinda make the bath water look dirty :)
 

My boy, creating away with his Legos.
 

They were on the computer together in the paint program just drawing together, taking turns.
It was a  beautiful thing :)
 


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, what a wonderful thing to watch those home movies! I love seeing Grandma again!