Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday February 26

Oh my goodness!
I have been worrying about how today was gonna go, for a long time!!!!!!
Today was Elsie's appointment to get her spacer put in.
Not a big deal, except it is for Elsie!!!!
We have been talking a lot about it.
We talked about having a mask just like when she got her tonsils out (which was a very long time ago, but somehow she still remembers!)
We talked about her body feeling kind of funny, but that we will be there and that everything was gonna be okay.
We talked about them having to hold her mouth open while they did the work.....
She was very well prepared.
And she was all excited about it.
When we went back, she was still brave, but you could tell she started to get a little worried.
I am SO GLAD I brought dad with us!!!!!
He was a big help in keeping her calm and feeling safe.
She does this funny thing.....when she feels like she can do it, but is nervous, she kinda rushes herself, and laughs a lot, but the kind of laugh that could turn to a cry any second :).
If that makes sense.
Anyway.
She got laid down on the chair, and Dad had his hand on her chest and could feel her heart beating out of her chest.
They put the mask on her, she chose the grape flavor, and Brent could feel her heart start to slow down and you could feel and see her body relax.
She didn't stay relaxed.....
She would grab dad and pull him into her and hug him.
She got so goofy, and giggly.
Dad ended up sitting up on the chair and then Elsie sat on his lap.
It worked out great, but it was pretty uncomfortable for dad :)
She couldn't see Dad past the mask, so she would call out for Dad, "Dad, da, Daddy..."
She did the several times.
And each time he would answer her, she would pull him in tight to her.
So cute.
At one point she said "Your my Favorite" to him.
I will try not to let that hurt my feelings :)
She also kept saying "hi" to the hygienist, like it was the first time she had seen them, but they were the same ladies.
They would laugh each time and she would giggle.
She did so good.
She let them do x-rays and they put sealants on and they did the spacer.
It was all perfect and it all went so smooth!
I am so happy!
Because this could have ruined our dentist trips from now on!!!
But it went better than I could have ever imagined!
But I still think I might take dad with me for all the other appointments, cause she was a rock star for him!!!!
(oh, it was 'dress like your favorite super hero' day at school, hence the over sized batman t-shirt she is wearing :)
*****
I am in the process of making her buffalo pants right now!
Pictures tomorrow for sure!
 





2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, I'm so happy it went so well with Elsie! And Brent might be her real favorite super hero!! :o)

Chalisse Martineau said...

Oh my, She is Adorable! We sure miss you guys.