Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday February 23

I finally talked the kids into letting me take their pictures!
I told them that it was what I wanted for my birthday :)
Works like a charm when I use that plea...
So we got all ready for church and had just enough time to drive by the canal road down the street to take some pictures.
The kids were good, the weather was good.
It was a picture day miracle :)
*****
Church went good.
We are starting to spotlight families every week.
Our theme for Primary this year is 'Families are Forever'.
We thought it would be fun to get to know the families in our ward a bit more.
We started with the presidency families.
Today was our families turn.
So we took our family pictures in, and had a little questionnaire that we filled out to tell them about our family.
Names, good traits, things we like to do as a family, favorite primary song, where our grandparents live and family pets (they all thought our answer of 27+ pets was pretty great :)
Elsie and Porter both helped me in Jr. Primary and Cassi helped me in Sr. Primary.
Right after that, I ran to the Young Womans' room because Madi was being set apart as the new Beehive president.
We were pretty bummed that Dad was working today, and had to miss it.
But we are so proud of her willingness to take this calling on and so excited for her on this new journey.
She is with a great group of girls.
 





(I couldn't pick a favorite 'Elsie' one!!!!!)
 




3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, such gorgeous pictures!!!! I LOVE them!! Just beautiful!! And that is such a striking blue! Just perfect!!! Happy early birthday!! :o)

Young family said...

Love all the pictures! They are getting so grown up!... YAY for Madi! She will be a great leader! Our ward also is doing the family spot lights.. sounds like it could be the same format you are using! Good job in primary!... I miss it!

Brooke said...

Yay for Madi! I need to read your blog more often! We miss you guys! What beautiful pictures! They are so so beautiful and Port is a handsome man! Love you all!