Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday February 16

Woke up today and got ready for church.
Got the kids to church without much trouble.
Towards the end of sacrament meeting, Porter grabbed his head, and started to complain of a headache.
He has had headache more often over the last few months.....
I took him out to get a drink and got to the bathroom.
We got to the primary room, and Elsie started to have a fit.
She didn't want to go to class.
I sat Port down in the front of the room, because he was giving the talk today.
And I took Elsie with me to get my primary stuff done.
I came back to help Port with his talk.
As soon as I started to help him, Elsie had a meltdown.
A few people tried to step in a help, but I just ended up cutting his talk off short, so it didn't really make much sense.....but really, no one could tell what he was saying with Elsie crying like she was.
I sat Port with his class and then took Elsie out.
I got her calmed down and then I had to go find some substitutes.....I came back to check on Porter and he was just sitting there, eyes squinted, and in a daze.
Broke my heart.
I took Elsie and we went and sat by him.
He laid his head down on me.
He was so cute because he still participated in everything that was going on, just while he was laying on my lap.
I decided I would just take them home.
He felt warm to me, and with Elsie not leaving my side, it was hard to get anything done anyway.
My friend offered to bring Madi and Cassi home after church.
We got home and I took his temp and he was 101.7.
So I gave him some medicine and we just sat and cuddled and watched TV.
Elsie just played and did her own thing.
She was playing 'church' for part of it.
Little bum.....she could just go to REAL church!!!!!!
The big girls got home and we continued to do nothing.
There was about a 1 1/2 hour period, when he seemed to be doing just fine, back to normal playing around and fighting :)
At one point I asked where Port was, and Madi called form her room that he was in there.
He was laying on her bed, zoned out again.
I felt his head and it was hot so I took his temp and it was back up.
It was time for more medicine, so I gave it to him and a minute later, he had the blanket pulled over his head and he was out.
This was at about 5:45.....so I didn't know if I wanted him to sleep!
Bu I did.
He slept for about an hour, then came out.
He wanted a drink so I got him some, but then almost immediately he said he felt like he was gonna 'puke'.
I ran and got a bowl for him and he instantly threw up.
Poor guy.
Took his temp and it was still hot, so this time I gave him Tylenol instead of Ibuprofen.
He tried to eat, but he didn't get much down.
He was pretty lethargic and quite the rest of the night.
I tried to get him to let me hold him while he fell back asleep, but he wanted to get into bed.
Into Mom's and Dad's bed.
So that's where he is now.
I have been checking on him, and he hasn't gotten any hotter.....
Poor boy.
He has no other symptoms besides a headache, so I don't know what to think.
I hope I can take good care of him.
Poor boy.
I just want to hold him all night.
*****
Luckily I have felt pretty good today, besides being dizzy.
Or maybe I was worrying so much about him, I didn't think so much about what was going on with me.
Maybe that's what I need to be doing.
No more 'poor me' attitude :)
 






2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Poor Porter-boy! I'm so sorry Kim - what a day! I hope Port feels better soon! Love you all!

Young family said...

Oh man.. not what you needed when Brent went back to work... Glad you felt better, and I hope today is better for both you and Porter...