Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday February 17

No school today.
Porter slept good last night.
He woke up this morning with a fever, but once I gave him medicine, he was pretty good and not much of a fever the rest of the day.
The big girls helped me clean up the house this morning, which was great.
Madi had Maegan over today because they teach together next week in Young Womans.
They worked hard and got it done, then spent the rest of the time goofing off.
They did make some yummy cookies :)
Cassi really wanted Carli to come over too.....and since it was a 'holiday' and they had been working hard for me, I told her to see could, and we picked her up just before 12.
At 1:00 I took Elsie to a birthday party for Kyra.
Madi and Maegan decided to go and get Carly (Kyra's sister) to come hang out with them too.
They hung out and went for a ride on the 4-wheeler.
Port and I just took it easy inside until we heard Cassi and Carli goofing around outside and saw that Max and Graham had wondered over.
Port said he felt good enough to go out and play, so I let him.
It was such a beautiful day today!!!!!
Maegan's mom came to get Maegan, but they were still gone on the 4-wheeler.
So she and I got in her car and went to track them down.
They ended up beating us back home.....but I sure enjoyed talking with Elonda.
I don't know her really well.....but the times we have had to talk together, I have really enjoyed.
She has 7 daughters and a baby boy.
She also lost a son about 7 years ago.
He was 7 months old, and died of SIDS.
Breaks my heart.
But she feels like this little boy, Cooper, still has a mission that he is working on, while on the other side.
And I love to hear Elonda speak about it.
I think I could learn a lot from her about faith and patience.
Anyway.....
We sent Maegans home with her Mom.
I went and got Elsie.
Madi drove (on the 4-wheeler) 'her' Carly home and 'Cassi's' Carli got picked up by her mom and max and Graham's Dad took them home all about the same time.
Then I left to take Elsie to PT.
She worked so hard today!
Katie had a winter Olympic theme, and had all kinds of fun things to do with winter Olympic names.....
At the end, Elsie got to go up on the podium with her gold medal.
So cute.
She didn't last very long up there on her own....after I took the picture, she fell right down.
She can stand there no problem....but when she starts to think about being up there so high and alone....she gets a little freaked out.
Luckily, Katie was right there to grab her :)
Then for dinner, Jenni showed up with some super yummy Minestrone soup!
I have turned down offer after offer this week for dinners, etc.
But I guess Jenni knew that today I would have really needed it :)
Thanks Jenni, it was super yummy and just what I needed after a long day!
And Cassi was so excited to see Ayden...breaks my heart that they all don't get to see each other much anymore :(
 




 



1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

What a great day for everyone!!