Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday February 28

So, as I said, yesterday was pretty crazy.
We had planned to go to the temple while Porter was at preschool, but it just wouldn't work out.
BUT...you know what my awesome hubby did???
He took off a few hours this morning so we could go in early, on the last day of the month, so we could compete our goal.
Our goal to go to the temple each week this month.
I am so happy we did it.
I have learned a lot this month.....
I feel like I have grown a lot, we have grown a lot.
And grown closer and stronger.
I feel so much good around us, but I also feel the bad trying to pull us away from the temple....
But that's not gonna happen :)
I hope that this heavy dose of temple going this month will help us to get better at going at least once a month.
Cause that is way easier to do than once a week :)
It truly is amazing how you can go often, and still learn something new, feel something new, each time.
It is incredible.
*****
Cassi made a treat today.
She made it all by herself from her American Girls cookbook.
They were yummy little Jam Tarts.
So good!
Maybe a little too good.............
*****
It was a nice day, not sunny but nice and not rainy, like we thought it would be.
Porter was outside most of the day.
First playing with Max and Graham in the morning, and then later on we picked up Canon and brought him over.
Elsie was FINALLY convinced to go outside today!
All last week, she just wanted to stay inside, but today, she finally wandered out.
And she loved it!
That is what she always does.....she fights going outside, but always loves it out there.
Silly girl.
I snuck up on Porter and Cannon playing in Porters fort.
Those boys are pretty cute together.
*****
We have some very sore girls today....and over tired and over worked.
Madi and Cassi have been complaining about their necks and muscles......
I told them that tomorrow will probably be the worst of it :(
Man, there was a major meltdown with Cassi today.
Like an hour long, my child must be possessed kind of meltdown.
Like I said, she is overtired, and sore, but man, I was at a loss with what to do.
I finally video taped outside her door, so she could hear what she actually sounded like.
I think that helped.....a little.....for her to hear it.
Man oh man....lets hope they all get good sleep tonight!
*****
Oh, and Madi, Cassi and Porter (Port with my help) went through their clothes today to weed out everything they don't want or don't wear.
Now I plan to go through Elsie's clothes tomorrow.
It feels nice to get stuff done!!!!
*****
I watched 'Annie' with the girls tonight.
I got in a lot of trouble for singing along.
They were not happy with me.
I told them that after they watch it a few times, they won't be able to watch it without singing, too!!!!
 








No comments: